History is one of my favorite subjects. I’m very passionate about learning about history, and it is an added bonus to learn about history in New Jersey. I haven’t been there in years but I decided to take a trip to Batsto Village in Hammonton, New Jersey.
There are about 40 different sites to look at Batsto and three trails to take.
Batsto Village Must See Sites:
- Visitor Center
- Ore Pile
- Ore Boat
- Iron Furnace
- General Store
- Post Office
- Ice Houses
- Nature Center
- Batsto Church
Batsto Village Hours of Operation:
- Visitor’s Center: Daily 9am to 4pm
- Museum Shop & Museum (located in the Visitor’s Center): 9am to 4pm
- Post Office: Wednesday through Sunday: 9am to 4pm
- Saw Mill Demonstrations: Saturday, Sundays & Holidays: 1:30, 2:00, 2:30pm (starting May 25th)
- Nature Center: Wednesday through Sunday: 9:00am to 4:00pm (Open 7 days a week starting May 25th)
- Mansion Tours: Tours are available on Friday beginning at 11:30am and on Saturday and Sunday at 12:30 and 2pm. Please call 609-561-0024 to confirm.
Batsto Village Fees:
Admission is Free
- Ages 12 & up $3
- Ages 6 to 11 $1
- Under age 6 FREE
Batsto Village Parking is $5 per car or motorcycle from Memorial Day until Labor Day.
Batsto Village is located at 4110 Nesco Road, Hammonton, NJ 08037.
For more information and a list of upcoming events visit:
In full disclosure this was not a sponsored post.