This is not a sponsored post.
Reading a book can transport us to another world. The love of reading is something our children are taught every time they see us with a book or they listen to a book read to them. Visiting the Barnes and Noble in the Livingston Mall is a field trip the whole family can take to explore and enjoy.
While Barnes and Noble is not a physical play area, it does offer a significant amount of activities to stimulate children of any age. I have found it a great place to bring my children during each season. With the constant onslaught of storms this winter, it was a great space to calm cabin fever.
If looking at books becomes tedious at any point, walk into the mall and explore the Kidgits Indoor Playground or visit some of the stores in the mall.
Reasons my family loves the Barnes and Noble at Livingston Mall
- Story Time. Every Barnes and Noble maintains a schedule of story times. The Livingston Barnes and Noble hosts a Story Time every Tuesday at 10:00 am on the stage in the brightly decorated Children’s Area. There are also special events which Jersey Family Fun also updates on our Calendar of Events.
- Train Table. For some children, they can spend a significant amount of time playing with Thomas, James, and Percy at this table.
- Nook Table. There is a small table with perfect seating for little ones to explore the possibilities of the Nook. My son loved listening to The Cat in the Hat read to him.
- Lego Table. On a recent trip, we discovered a Lego table for children. It is located outside the Children’s Area.
- Café. Let’s be honest, we sometimes need that extra cup of caffeine while supervising our children. The café is located near the main entrance and across from the Children’s Area. Starbucks coffee is served as well as snacks.
What the Barnes and Noble in the Livingston Mall Offers:
- It’s free.
- It’s bright and colorful.
- Tables: Train, Lego, or the Nook table. There are lots of options.
- Story Time, Family Events, and Events for the Adult Readers
- Free Wifi.
Barnes and Noble is located in the Livingston Mall in Livingston which is in Essex County. Barnes and Noble maintains its own hours and there is an entrance that can be accessed from the mall and another that can be accessed from the parking lot.