This is not a sponsored post.
Family Fun at the Argos Farm Pumpkin Patch
One of my most favorite fall rituals is taking my daughter to a local farm to pick our own pumpkins. When I first moved to Ocean County I was afraid there would not be a any farms for us to visit. Boy was I wrong! We found an amazing farm right here in a county otherwise known for it’s beaches and lakes. Argos Farm in Forked River offers not only the chance to pick pumpkins, but also to spend an entire day frolicking in fall activities.
What does Argos Farm Offer?
- 4 Acre Corn Maze – It is so much fun trying to figure your way out of this Wizard of Oz themed maze
- Pony Rides – Toddlers and children will love the view from atop the gentle ponies
- Jumping pad – An inflatable air pad that allows children to jump and bounce
- Face painting – A nice array of colors and designs to choose from
- Duck and pig races – We laughed as we watched and cheered these cute animals on to the finish line.
- Hay rides – This is a great way to see the beautiful property
- Pumpkin Patch – An amazing selection of pumpkins small and large to choose from
- Animals – Cute and friendly animals to view and visit with
- Hay Mountain – Bales of hay for children to climb on. Closed toe shoes required.
Helpful hints for visiting Argos Farm
- The weather during October is unpredictable so dressing in layers is your best option. It may start off chilly but once you start roaming around the maze and farm you tend to work up a sweat!
- The farm has a few places where the ground is softer and muddier than other spots. For this reason I suggest wearing shoes that can get dirty!
- Bring a basket or bag to put your pumpkins in. Depending how big of a pumpkin you pick, it can get heavy carrying it around.
- There are picnic tables located in the hay bail mountain area
Argos Farm Hours
- Weekends Sept 20-Nov 2, 10:00 am – 6:00 pm.
- Weekdays Oct 1-Oct 31, Wednesday – Friday, 1:00 pm-6:00 pm.
Argos Farm Admission
- General admission
- Wednesday – Friday $6.95 a person ages 2 and older. Weekends $7.95 a person ages 2 and older.
- This includes: corn maze, hayride, hay mountain, duck races, corn hole and visiting the farm animals
- Farmer’s Special Admission
- Wednesday – Friday $9.95 a person ages 2 and older.Weekends $11.95 a person ages 2 and older.
- This includes all of the general admission activities PLUS unlimited access to the cow train and Jumbo Jumper.
Argos Farm Special Activities Schedule
- Facepainting -1/2 cheek is included on Weekends ONLY with the FARMER’S SPECIAL ADMISSION
- Pig racing times – Weekends 1:00 pm & 4:00 pm
- Pony Rides – Weekends for children up to age 7 or under 55 lbs. Pony rides are located in the pumpkin patch. There is no admission fee to enter this area. Tickets are $5 a ride and the last ticket is sold at 5 pm.
- Pumpkin picking – There is no admission fee to access the pumpkin patch. Pumpkins are $.59 a pound.
Argos farm is conveniently located one mile off of Garden State Parkway exit 74. There is ample parking provided. For more information see http://www.argosfarm.com/country-fun/.