We originally published our listing of Amazing Amusement Parks in New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania in 2015. This listing of local amusement parks is now updated annually.
Nothing sounds like summer more than the excited screams of children riding their first roller coaster. New Jersey has a variety of amusement parks ready for a visit from your family, and we’ll tell you where to find them!
We compiled a list of all of the great amusement parks in New Jersey – plus a few in our surrounding metro area. We think your kids will love a visit, and so will you!
Amusement Parks in New Jersey
Amusement Parks in North Jersey
Here’s a look at some of the New Jersey amusement parks in North Jersey families should check out.
Morris County NJ Amusement Parks
- The Funplex – 182 Route 10 West, East Hanover 973-428-1166
- Funplex offers free admission and free parking, and plenty of options for ride passes! Year round indoor fun gets even better in the summer with the opening of Splashplex, an all ages outdoor waterpark.
Union County NJ Amusement Parks
Warren County NJ Amusement Parks
- Land of Make Believe – 354 Great Meadows Rd, Hope 908-459-9000.
- Read our review of the Land of Make Believe review here. With a water park and rides it’s a great choice for a warm day! Land of Make Believe is geared toward little ones so if you’re just starting out with amusement parks this is a perfect option. Admission is pay one price and parking is included.
At this time there aren’t amusement parks in Bergen County, Essex County, Hudson County, Passaic County and Sussex County. If we find any we will let you know.
Amusement Parks in Central New Jersey
Monmouth County NJ Amusement Parks
- iPlay America – 110 Schanck Road, Freehold 732-577-8200.
- Read all about iPlay America here. A fully enclosed amusement park and arcade, iPlay America is one of our JFF favorites. Enjoy a 4D theater, laser tag, good food and fun rides inside. Admission into the building and parking is free, rides are pay as you go.
- Keansburg Amusement Park – 275 Beachway Ave, Keansburg 732-495-1400.
- Keansburg Amusement Park rides are by ticket. The waterpark is admission by 2 hour increments. Located right by the bay, it’s a fun Jersey Shore place to spend a day!
We haven’t found amusement parks in Hunterdon County, Mercer County, Middlesex County, and Somerset County. If you know of any, please comment below and let us know.
Amusement Parks in South Jersey
Enjoy these NJ Amusement parks at the Jersey Shore and in South Jersey.
Atlantic County NJ Amusement Parks
- Steel Pier – 1000 Boardwalk, Atlantic City 609-345-4893.
- The classic Atlantic City boardwalk once again has rides! Steel Pier offers rides for all ages right on the Atlantic Ocean. Rides are by ticket; games and food are available as well.
- Storybook Land – 6415 E Black Horse Pike, Egg Harbor Township. 609-646-0103.
- A family favorite for over 60 years! Storybook Land brings children’s classics to life through rides, attractions and cute displays kids will love. Tickets are by general admission, pay one price.
Burlington County NJ Amusement Parks
- The Funplex – 3320-24 Route 38, Mt Laurel 856-273-9061.
- Read our review of The Funplex- Mt. Laurel here. Funplex offers free admission and free parking, and plenty of options for ride passes! Year round indoor fun gets even better in the summer with the opening of Splashplex, an all ages outdoor waterpark.
Camden County NJ Amusement Parks
- Diggerland USA – 100 Pinedge Ct, West Berlin 856-768-1110.
- Click over to read everything you want to know about Diggerland USA. What more can we say except how much we love the unique Diggerland USA! With 5 new rides for 2018 if you’ve ever been, it’s time to go back! As much fun for the adults as the kids, plan to spend all day digging, riding, now even flying.
- Clementon Park and Splashworld – 144 Berlin Road, Clementon 856-783-0263.
- This South Jersey amusement park has been around for over 100 years! Now with a fun water park, it’s time to explore this gem. Admission is daily pay one price.
Cape May County NJ Amusement Parks
- Gillian’s Wonderland Pier – Boardwalk, Ocean City 609-399-7082.
- Your classic boardwalk rides in the family friendly town of Ocean City. Rides are indoor and outdoor, and are ticket based.
- Morey’s Piers – 3501 Boardwalk, Wildwood 609-729-3700.
- Read our Morey’s Piers reviews. Morey’s offers THREE piers of rides! There’s some major roller coasters and plenty for the little ones. Want more than rides? How about two waterparks AND a tram car to connect them all. Rides are ticket based but wristbands are available.
- Playland’s Castaway Cove – 1020 Boardwalk, Ocean City. 609-399-4751.
- Over 30 rides for kids of all ages right on the famed Ocean City boardwalk. Rides are ticket based. Don’t miss the go karts!
Ocean County NJ Amusement Parks
- Blackbeard’s Cave – 136 Atlantic City Blvd, Bayville 732-286-4414.
- Casino Pier – 800 Ocean Terrace, Seaside Heights 732-793-6488.
- Seaside Heights boardwalk has seen some tough times in the last decade but don’t count them out! Casino Pier is open and operating the classic boardwalk rides you remember. There’s also a water park for those hot summer days. Rides are by credits on your ride card.
- Read our 2018 review of Casino Pier!
- Eagleswood Amusement Park – 597 Main Street, West Creek 609-978-6606.
- With rides, miniature golf and an arcade, Eagleswood offers enough for little ones who may get overwhelmed at the larger parks. Visit it on your way to LBI, or when you’ve had enough beach time! Wristbands required for rides.
- Fantasy Island Amusement Park – 320 7th Street, Beach Haven 609-492-4000.
- An LBI classic! Rides, games and more just steps from the beach.
- Jenkinson’s Boardwalk – 300 Ocean Avenue, Point Pleasant Beach 732-892-0600.
- Read our Jenkinson’s Boardwalk reviews. Jenkinsons offers so much you may not even make it to the beach! With an aquarium, fun house, miniature golf, ropes course, arcade and rides, it’ll be one of your family’s favorites. Parking lots available at a fee, rides are by credits on a card all other features extra.
- Six Flags Great Adventure – 1 Six Flags Blvd, Jackson 732-928-2000.
- Read our Six Flags Great Adventure reviews. If you’re looking for thrills at amusement parks in New Jersey you can’t beat Six Flags. But even if you’re not looking for the major coasters you will have something to smile about! The Looney Tunes characters, the kids shows, the sky ride and the neighboring Hurricane Harbor make Six Flags one of our favorite New Jersey attractions. Bonus that they’re open from March-December!
At this time there are no amusement parks in Cumberland County, Gloucester County, or Salem County. If that changes we’ll let you know.
Other Amusement Parks near New Jersey
Amusement Parks in Pennsylvania
- Dorney Park – 3830 Dorney Park Rd, Allentown, PA. 610-395-3724.
- Read our Dorney Park review here.
- Dutch Wonderland – 2249 Lincoln Hwy E, Lancaster, PA. 866-386-2839.
- Read our series of blog posts on Dutch Wonderland here.
- Knoebels Amusement Resort – 391 Knoebels Blvd, Elysburg, PA. 570-672-2572.
- Hershey Park – 100 W Hersheypark Drive, Hershey, PA. 717-534-3900.
- Read our Hershey Park review here.
- Sesame Place – 100 Sesame Road, Langhorne, PA. 215-752-7070.
- Read our series of blog posts on Sesame Place here.
Amusement Parks in New York
- Adventureland – 2245 NY-110, Farmingdale, NY. 631-694-6868.
- Darien Lake – 9999 Alleghany Road, Darien Center, NY. 585-599-4641.
- Deno’s Wonder Wheel Amusement Park – 3059 Deno Vourderis Place, Brooklyn, NY. 718-372-2592.
- Luna Park, Coney Island – 1000 Surf Avenue, Brooklyn, NY. 718-373-5862.
- Rye Playland – 1 Playland Pkwy, Rye, NY. 914-813-7010.
Which of these local amusement parks in New Jersey is your favorite to visit with your family?
To arrange a feature on your amusement park contact Jennifer Auer publisher, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up for our 100 Days of Summer Family Fun newsletter by texting Jerseyfun to 66866 and get a daily email with the next day’s New Jersey events for families.