This is a sponsored post on behalf of DentalPlans.com. DentalPlans.com has provided me with a complimentary family plan for a year in exchange for sharing my experience using their affordable dental care plan. They are providing a family plan as a giveaway for one Jersey Family Fun reader.
What are you sacrificing for your kids?
In 2014, nearly 28% of New Jersey women had not had a dental exam within the last year. (Kaiser Family Foundation analysis of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)’s Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) 2014 Survey Results.)
- 31.6% Percent of adults, aged 20-44 years old, are living with untreated dental issues (2011-2014 Source: Health, United States, 2016, table 60)
- More than 50 percent of uninsured and 30 percent of insured Americans skipped necessary dental care visits during the last year due to financial burdens, according to a 2009 Harris Interactive/HealthDay Poll.
I suspect if you are like me and many moms across New Jersey, you have been sacrificing your own dental care. We get so consumed with raising our children we tend to forget about ourselves. We avoid the dentist because we can’t find the time, worry about the cost or have a genuine fear of the dentist. Time and affordable dental care seem to be things that don’t exist. But ignoring our teeth isn’t something we can afford to do – it can end up costing us more money in the long-run or lead to some scary and serious health issues. As moms, we need to find a way to do better for ourselves. I’m sharing my dental story and suggestion for affordable dental care because while we normally talk about family fun it can be hard to have fun if you are either having chronic tooth pain or are self-conscious about your teeth.
My dental story
I’d like to say I was the perfect child. I always brushed my teeth and never had cavities, but that’s not my reality. One of my first dental memories is sitting in the dentist chair getting several shots of novocaine before my first set of fillings. In my middle school years, I had braces. Braces left me with cavities. I was never aware of those cavities until the pain from that tooth decay would wake me up in the middle of the night in agony. In high school, I was already getting root canals and crowns. It didn’t get better as I got older. Bring on Crohn’s Disease and the medications to treat it and my dental issues have continued. I am embarrassed to say that several times a month I have dental pain to the point that it makes me miserable to be around. I do try to see a dentist once or twice a year but with no affordable dental care or insurance, it can be hard to get ahead of it and fix everything that needs fixing. A root canal with a crown can easily cost $2000 and that’s for one tooth. Without dental insurance, I didn’t think affordable dental care was even possible. Then, I was introduced to DentalPlans.com.
Affordable dental care is possible with DentalPlans.com
Almost a year ago, I was introduced to DentalPlans.com when they reached out to me in an email. DentalPlans.com offers a cost-effective alternative to dental insurance. I was provided with a complimentary year membership ($170 – $300 value) for my family to try out the plan and then share my experience.
DentalPlans.com has an extensive network of participating dentists. You can search their site online or speak directly with an associate to find a local dentist that participates. Each dentist determines what discount they will offer DentalPlans.com’s members. It’s typically from 10-60% off their regular rates. While my favorite dentist does participate in the program, I was disappointed to learn that he only offered a 10% discount. After sharing my concerns with DentalPlans.com, their associate not only helped me find a new dentist but also showed me how to research the rates online in my Member’s Area BEFORE I visit the dentist. I had not checked it before visiting my previous dentist. Now as a precaution, the dentist and I confirm the rates and that they are honoring the fee schedule before I begin any dental procedures.
I can say after a few appointments with my new dentist I feel like I am finally getting the dental work done that I have been putting off. I know my treatment plan. I understand what needs to be done and using the DentalPlans.com website I can see what my discounted rates will be and I can budget accordingly. I have saved $600-$800 on each root canal I have needed and I’m looking forward to a day where I can be free from chronic dental pain.
More about DentalPlans.com affordable dental care
For many, DentalPlans.com is the best way to save money on both preventive care and dental treatment for the entire family. This includes 10%-60% savings on what can be costly procedures such as root canals, crowns, fillings and more, at dentists nationwide. Plus many of the dental savings plans include bonus benefits that provide savings on vision care, hearing, prescription medications and other health and wellness services and products. Also, there are no health restrictions (or pre-existing like you see with insurance), no annual limits, no paperwork hassles and no waiting to get care as most plans activate within three business days.
Want to know more about my DentalPlans.com experience?
Feel free to ask me a question in the comments below.
To learn more about their plans, the rates, and participating dentists visit www.dentalplans.com.
A Chance To Win a DentalPlans.com 6 month family membership!
DentalPlans.com is giving away a family membership for a dental savings plan for 6 months to one lucky Jersey Family Fun reader!
Jersey Family Fun’s DentalPlans.com family membership Giveaway
Our giveaway for a DentalPlans.com family membership will run from Tuesday, July 18, 2017, until midnight August 1, 2017. Jersey Family Fun Giveaways and Contests are subject to the following rules and conditions:
- Unless otherwise stated, entrants can earn a free entry by checking the first free entry box.
- You may earn an additional entry by leaving one comment on the Jersey Family Fun giveaway/contest blog post, that answers the question being asked during the timeframe of the contest. Comments that do not answer the question, while appreciated, will not be valid or count as meeting the requirement. Comments left after the giveaway/contest has closed will not be valid toward the contest.
- Contact information is a requirement for entry: name and a valid email address is required. Other non-personal information may be required/requested for entry. This information will not be shared with the giveaway sponsor unless it is stated in the contest/giveaway blog post itself.
- Our giveaways/contests are by no means sponsored by Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube or any other social media platform. You may use them to earn additional entries, but you are not required to use them to enter. None of these social media channels are responsible if you don’t win.
- No purchase is ever necessary to win a Jersey Family Fun prize in an online contest.
- Chances of winning are dependent entirely on the number of eligible entries received.
- We will pick 1 winner. The winner will receive one DentalPlans.com 6 month family membership.
- The contest will run from Tuesday, July 18, 2017, until midnight August 1, 2017.
- The winner will be announced Wednesday, August 2, 2017. You will have 24 hours to claim your prize
- by emailing us back your name and mailing address to Melanie.
- Once all entries have been validated, we will use Rafflecopter to select a winner. View our how to use Rafflecopter video here.
- Winners agree to provide contact and shipping information to Jersey Family Fun and/or the giveaway sponsor, including full name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Unless otherwise stated, giveaways and contests are only available to residents in the United States.
- You may only win one Jersey Family Fun giveaway every thirty days.
To enter our other Jersey Family Fun Giveaways, click here.