This post was made possible by the Habit Burger Grill who provided dinner for my family to enjoy. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families New Jersey restaurants we think your family may enjoy.
Like most families, we are always on the go. Cooking dinner during the week can be difficult after running to all of our after school activities. That’s why we jumped at the opportunity to try out the New Habit Burger Grill opening in Parsippany. We stopped in for dinner on a Tuesday night, and we were impressed. The restaurant was clean and beautiful. The food was made to order, but still done quickly. It was a sit down restaurant quality meal, with the speed and convenience of fast food.
I ordered an Original Charburger, which comes with fries and a drink, and my kids had the chicken nuggets and Charburger with cheese. We also shared Tempura Green Beans. Between the food we ordered and the food we saw other people eating, we’ve come up with a list of 5 foods to try on your next visit to Habit Burger Grill.
5 foods to try on your next visit to Habit Burger Grill
- The Original Charburger: The Habit Burger Grill was voted one of the best tasting hamburgers in America. So you can’t visit Habit Burger without trying one. The burgers are cooked fresh to order. They come with lettuce, tomato, caramelized onions, mayo, and pickles on a toasted bun. If you like a little spice, there is a pepper bar available to add to your burger. The burger was cooked perfectly and tasted great. The carmelized onions added more flavor and were a great addition to the burger. The charburger also comes with fries and a drink to complete the meal.
- One of their “Kid’s Favorite” choices: For our family, restaurants are judged on the quality of their children’s menu. The Habit Burger Grill does not disappoint. There are 3 entree options for the kid’s menu: Charburger (with or without cheese), Chicken Nuggets, and Grilled Cheese. All of these options were delicious, but what was great about this kid’s menu were the options available. I try to make sure my kids are eating healthy and that means limiting foods like french fries. When we ordered our food we had the option of fries, applesauce, or apple slices. My kids both chose the apple sauce and they were thrilled. Probably their favorite part of the meal was the gummy cheeseburger that comes with each kid’s meal. They couldn’t wait to finish their meal so they could dig in.
- Tempura Green Beans: When I saw fried green beans on the menu I knew I had to try them. I was not disappointed. The batter coating made it seem like you were eating a french fry, but it still had a lot of green bean flavor. I could not get enough of the fried green beans dipped in ketchup. Even my 7 year-old loved them. It was an easy way to get her to eat some vegetables.
- Terriyaki Char: While I did not order this entree, it is on my list for our next visit after seeing the person at the table next to us eating it. The Terriyaki Char starts like the original Charburger but it is covered in teriyaki sauce and grilled pineapple. This unique burger is a great choice if you are looking for something different than the traditional burger.
- The Ice Cream Sundae: The best meals aren’t complete without dessert, and this was one delicious looking dessert. The sundae starts with vanilla soft serve ice cream. It is covered in Hershey’s chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and nuts. My mouth was watering the second I saw it coming out of the kitchen.
With so many great options at Habit Burger Grill it was hard to just pick five. They also have several salad options, chicken, steak, and tuna. You are going to have to make several trips to Habit Burger Grill to try all they have to offer. I know we are already planning our next trip.
The newest Habit Burger Grill is located at 3043 Rt 46 in Parsippany. Learn more at their site www.habitburger.com.
Check out more Habit Burger Grill photos from our visit to in our Facebook photo album. Here’s a preview.
Want to find more local family restaurants? Read our Family Restaurant Review series.
To arrange a featured on your restaurant please contact Jennifer Auer, publisher.