This post was sponsored by The Liberty Science Center who provided Jersey Family Fun with tickets for our visit. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families information about things to do with families in New Jersey & New Jersey Museums we think your family may enjoy.
Last weekend, we had the incredible opportunity to visit the Liberty Science Center. This is one of those museums that’s been on our bucket list for a while, but being from the southern half of the state the drive isn’t always doable. This past Saturday, though, the weather was beautiful and with an invitation from the Jersey Moms Blog to a blogger event, we had lots of reasons to make the trip. I’m so glad we did. It was just under 2 hours from Atlantic County. While we could go on and on about the reasons to visit, the boys and I came up with a top 13 must do activities at Liberty Science Center during spring break. First, a video sharing some of our highlights from our video.
13 Must Do Activities at Liberty Science Center During Spring Break
Be a part of science experiments. ~ Check the Liberty Science Center schedule when you arrive to see what science experiments your kids can sign up to be a part of or demonstrations they might have a chance to volunteer in.
Feast (pretend) on some healthy choices prepared in the Sesame Street Presents the Body kitchen area.
Test your body knowledge and see what’s happening on the inside of you and your kids in the Sesame Street Presents the Body exhibit.
Pose for a picture on the steps of 123 Sesame Street.
About Sesame Street Presents: The Body Exhibit
January 24 – May 3, 2015
For ages 2-8
Get to know what’s under everyone’s skin in this interactive adventure featuring Elmo, Oscar, Grover, and the rest of the Sesame Street gang. Large-scale exhibition areas are filled with delightful, hands-on activities that teach children how the body works and how to stay healthy as they hop, jump, and dance through a re-creation of Sesame Street. Don’t miss your chance to meet Elmo in person on select dates!
Children can have fun and play all day with 17 different activities in three zones. Learn more at the Liberty Science Center website.
Build a microbe and battle body invaders.
Challenge the Rubik’s robot to solve your Rubik’s cube challenge.
Use your muscles to generate hydropower.
Walk across a steel beam 20 feet high in the air.
Examine cells under a microscope.
Every hat tells a story, listen to stories from different construction workers.
Magnetize the nano magnets.
Activate earthquake forces against your structure in just one of the Skyscraper’s exhibits many interactive areas.
Climb the Infinity Climber. This is a suspended multi-story play space with some areas as high as 35 feet above the floor. Kids and their parents can climb on 64 petal-like platforms anchored to large curved steel pipes. It may weigh 21,000 pounds and be the world’s first suspended climbing play space but it feels completely secure and is totally fun.
See more Liberty Science Center photos by checking out our Facebook Gallery.
To learn more about the Liberty Science Center, please visit their site at http://lsc.org/.
Want to win tickets to the Liberty Science Center? Keep reading….
Jersey Family Fun’s Liberty Science Center Family Four-Pack of Tickets Giveaway
Jersey Family Fun Giveaways and Contests are subject to the following rules and conditions:
- Unless otherwise stated, entrants can earn a free entry by checking the first free entry box.
- You may earn an additional entry by leaving one comment on the Jersey Family Fun giveaway/contest blog post, that answers the question being asked during the timeframe of the contest. Comments that do not answer the question, while appreciated, will not be valid or count as meeting the requirement. Comments left after the giveaway/contest has closed will not be valid toward the contest.
- Contact information is a requirement for entry: name and a valid email address is required. Other non-personal information may be required/requested for entry. This information will not be shared with the giveaway sponsor unless it is stated in the contest/giveaway blog post itself.
- Our giveaways/contests are by no means sponsored by Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube or any other social media platform. You may use them to earn additional entries, but you are not required to use them to enter. None of these social media channels are responsible if you don’t win.
- You must live in the tri-state area and be able to travel to this location to win.
- No purchase is ever necessary to win a Jersey Family Fun prize in an online contest.
- Chances of winning are dependent entirely on the number of eligible entries received.
- We will pick 1 winner. The winner will receive 4 tickets to visit the Liberty Science Center. It is located in Jersey City, NJ.
- Tickets are only good for one day.
- The contest will run from Tuesday, March 24, 2015 until midnight Tuesday, April 8, 2015.
- The winner will be announced Wednesday, April 9, 2015. You will have until Friday, April 11 at 3 pm, to claim your ticket by emailing us back your name to jerseyfamilyfun AT gmail DOT com.
- The winner is responsible for his/her own travel and parking costs. There is a parking fee at the Liberty Science Center.
- Once all entries have been validated, we will use Rafflecopter to select a winner. View our how to use Rafflecopter video here.
- Winners agree to provide contact and shipping information to Jersey Family Fun and/or the giveaway sponsor, including full name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Unless otherwise stated, giveaways and contests are only available to residents in the United States. Unless stated otherwise ticket and giftcard prizes are only valid in New Jersey and for specific dates/performances. Void where prohibited by law.