Sunday, June 3, is “Kids Day” at Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con, with activities designed especially for children all day (10 a.m. – 5 p.m.) at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. Here’s your list of the top activities happening for the kids and why you are going to want to attend the Comic Con.
- Admission for kids 10 and under is FREE with a paid adult (two free kids per adult).
- Superhero-themed panel room programming
- Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con Passport (all day)
- Go to the Kids Day booth (No. 613) to pick up a Passport, which will guide you to kid-friendly booths, activities, celebrities and artists. Kids who earn stamps at each stop will win a prize.
- Working with a “Superhero theme” participants will take on a superhero persona. Kids will use their superhero power to tackle a specific mission given by the teaching artists. Limited to the first 30 to sign up!
- This is not an ordinary arts & crafts session, this is specifically made for superheroes! Kids can come join the Justice Twins, Wonder Woman and Supergirl to make their very own superhero mask to wear for the Kids Costume contest.
- Too cute to resist! It’s like Halloween in June as kids show off their best costumes and win prizes.
- N.Y. Jedi
- Philadelphia Ghostbusters
- 501st Legion
- Mandalorian Mercs.
- Peter Mayhew and Melissa Joan Hart will be stamping Passports and saying an extra hello.
- Kid-friendly artists (all day) – Visit super-talented artists Christine Larsen, Sara Richard, Mark Pingitore and Georgia Ball in Artists Alley for a Passport stamp and maybe a commissioned piece!
- Chris Hemsworth (The Avengers, Thor)
- Comics legend Stan Lee (creator, “Spider-Man,” “X-Men”)
- William Shatner (“Star Trek,” “Boston Legal”)
- Patrick Stewart (“Star Trek: The Next Generation,” X-Men)
- Scott Bakula (“Star Trek: Enterprise,” “Quantum Leap”)
- WWE® Superstar CM Punk™
- Bruce Campbell (Army of Darkness, “Burn Notice”) are scheduled among more than 60 special guests at Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con.
For the best tips on enjoying Comic Con visit our Mom’s Guide to Wizard World Comic Con 2012
Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con, produced by Wizard World, Inc. (WIZD.PK), brings together thousands of fans of all ages and dozens of celebrities and industry professionals to celebrate the best in pop-fi, pop culture, movies, graphic novels, comics, toys, video gaming, television, sci-fi, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more.
For more on the event, including hours, celebrities, creators, vendors, VIP and photo opportunities, programming schedules, evening entertainment, autographs, sponsorship and volunteer information and more, visit http://www.wizardworld.com/