Woohoo! Can you believe it, we have made it to 100 Days of School? For some of you, who have had lots and lots of snow, this celebration maybe a few days ahead. All the more reason for you to read below and get some ideas on how to help your favorite kid celebrate their 100th day of school with our ideas for celebrating 100 days of school.
I wrote this years back (2014) when my boys were celebrating their first 100 school days. They’d spend weeks in class learning to count to 100 in tens and we would bring in a few things to help with the 100 days of school parties. It’s a few years later and these traditions continue. Our ideas below have still been a big hit. Over the years, we’ve learned about new ways kids can celebrate the 100th day of school. We’ve added some new 100th day of school activities and created a 100th day of school printable for you. These ideas are a collection shared by his past teachers, what I’ve found on the web, and my own imagination. They are ideas that can be shared with classmates or done at home.
100 Days of School Celebration Ideas
100 Days of School Snacks
- 100 Day Cookies
- I created cookies to represent the number 100. Because in the past the 100th day of school fell on Valentine’s Day, I made the zeros with heart cookie cutters. (See the image above.)
- 100 Day Soup
- From his teacher, each student was asked to bring in 100 edible items like Cheerios, fruit loops, etc. The students would then create their own ‘soup’ by mixing the items together. (If done at home, scale it down, add 10 of 10 different items.)
- Make rice krispy treats in the shape of the number 100.
100 Days of School Take Home favors
- Send each child home with a bag with 100 items like pennies, cheerios, small smiley face stickers, etc.
- Create a word find with each of the student’s names, or items they can count, or all the numbers from 0 to 100 (you could do this by counting by ones, twos, fives, ten.)
- Oriental Trading Company has an amazing collection of 100 Days of School party favors. As a blogger ambassador for them I can’t wait to receive a complimentary order of these items. I have a feeling they are going to help me keep my status as one cool room mom and school volunteer.
- 100th School of Day Erasers
- 100th Day of School Pencils
- A 100th Day of School Assortment that includes one roll of one hundred 1 1/2″ shrink-wrapped stickers, forty-eight 7 1/2″ pencils and fifty 1 1/2″ erasers. For as little as $12 you can create party bags to celebrate the 100th day of school.
- 100th Day of School Goody Bags – These party bags will make it easy to sort and pack up all the goodies I’ll have to send into my boys’ classes.
- Amazon has these great party favors for 100 Days of School parties. (Our affiliate links will help you find the items easily.)
- Teacher Created Resources Happy 100th Day Wristbands
- Moon Products Pencils – Pack of 12 – 100th day of School
- Chenille Kraft 100 Days Paper Crowns, 5 Colors, 25-Piece, can be decorated as an activity.
- Teacher Created Resources Happy 100th Day Poster Pack
- For the teacher, 100 Days Smarter Counting Hash Marks Days of School T-Shirt
- Click over to this 100 Days of School printable word find we created for Jersey Family Fun Readers.
Ways to Celebrate 100 Days of School Activities
1oo Days of School Activities
- Find items at home or in your classroom that can be counted. What do you have 100 of? different pasta shapes, legos, race cars, stickers
- Create the number 100 from pasta shapes, m&ms, cheerios, etc.
- Make a 100 day picture- Use the number 100 as the inspiration for a picture. Would the zero’s be eyes, windows, faces? How can your child creatively illustrate the number 100?
- Oriental Trading’s Collection of 100 Days of School activity pages includes Color Your Own Whooo’s 100 Days Wiser Posters that will have kids coloring and remembering what they have been learning all year long. Click over to find more great teaching supplies on Oriental Trading not just for holidays but also for year-round.
- Name it – Have your child make a list of 100 items. Can he/she name 100 people that they love, friends, animals, places to go, things they like to eat.
- List it – Make a list of 100 things they’ve learned this year.
- What would they do? What would your child do with 100 pennies? 100 nickels, dimes, quarters, dollars? You get the idea.
100 Days of School Crafts
- Make a necklace – Collect 100 beads, cheerios, fruit loops, etc. to create a colorful necklace.
- Create a collage with 100 pictures taken from around the classroom or school.
100 Days of School Story Time
Looking through Amazon (the links ahead are affiliate links), we found these children books about 100 days of school.
- The Night Before the 100th Day of School
- Fancy Nancy: The 100th Day of School
- Rocket’s 100th Day of School
- The 100th Day of School
- Miss Bindergarten Celebrates the 100th Day of Kindergarten
We hope you enjoy our ideas. (Just think 80 school days left.)
Do you have your own ideas to share about celebrating 100 school days? How did your child’s class celebrate? We’d love to hear about it.
Don’t forget to pin our 100 Days of School Celebration Ideas so you’ll have it for next year’s celebrations too.
Jersey Family Fun is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. This does not affect the pricing.