Stop your kids’ excuses for not wearing a helmet!
What is your child’s excuse for not wearing a helmet or pads?
- It doesn’t look cool.
- That design is too childish.
- That helmet’s only for bike riding. It’s not a helmet for skating or riding a scooter.
- The helmet doesn’t fit right.
Consider this from Helmets.org about why kids do not wear bike helmets.
More than half the children suggested redesigning the look of the bike helmet as a way to increase helmet usage. In response to the question: “What one thing would you change on bike helmets to get more kids to wear them?”, the answers fell into the following categories:
- How They Look: 52%
- How They Fit: 23%
- Nothing: 15%
- Other: 10%
Children disliked both the way bicycle helmets looked and how they, themselves, appeared while wearing one, There were many comments like:
“They make you look (like a nerd, a geek, weird or dorky.)”
Many wanted to see helmets with “cooler’ colors. Many also wanted to see more interesting and varied designs on the helmets. Other specific comments included:
My 11 year old fully understands he needs to wear a helmet for bike riding, but when he wants to rollerblade it’s a different story. He fights me on wearing a helmet and pads for these very reasons. When Wipeout™ offered to send me protective gear to have my 11 year try out, I jumped at the chance. Partnering with them to help resolve kids’ issues with wearing helmets and pads could be a win win.
The Wipeout™ Dry Erase Helmet, Wrist Guards, and Knee and Elbow Pads STOPS the excuses!
If the number one reason kids don’t wear a helmet is due to the look, then prepare to have a solution. The Wipeout Dry Erase Helmet, Wrist Guards, and Knee and Elbow Pads are made from a ABS hard-shell construction but the surface is one that kids can write on and wipe off over and over and over again. The customizable kids bike helmets includes 5 markers and a set of stencils and the set of wrist guards and elbow pads includes 2 dry erase markers.
Kids can make their customizable kids bike helmets COOL!
As I gave my 11 year old the customizable helmet and pads to start decorating he just kept repeating “This is cool.” This mom thinks so too. Then, he got to designing his helmet.
Take a look at how Wipeout™ Dry Erase protective gear works to let kids customize their bike helmets.
What else makes Wipeout™ Dry Erase protective gear great for stopping kids’ excuses?
- Making it cool – The helmet comes in a variety of colors: Black, White, Teal, Neon Pink, Neon Green, Neon Orange, and Hot Pink. The five dry erase non-toxic markers are in different neon colors and the stencils have 8 shapes. There are even tutorials available online to help your child design their helmet. Find ideas here.
- Helmets that fit – The Wipeout™ Dry Erase helmets are available in 3 sizes: 3+ fits 47-49 cm; 5+ fits 49-52 cm; 8+ fits 50-54cm.
- Wipeout™ Wrist Guards have lightweight and breathable mesh to reduce sweat and make them comfortable for kids. The wrist guards also have 3 adjustable straps: kids can adjust them for the fit that is right for their wrists.
- The Wipeout™ Knee and Elbow Pads have writeable caps allowing kids to create designs for their knees and elbows.
BUT is the Wipeout™ Dry Erase protective gear safe?
YES, it’s safe. Here’s the safety facts about Wipeout Dry Erase protective gear and how it meets key industry safety regulations.
- ABS hard-shell construction for durability
- Dual certification for bike AND skate use ensures true multi-sport protection
- Complies with U.S. CPSC and ASTM safety standards for bike helmets, skateboarding, and trick roller skating
- The Wipeout™ Wrist Guards have impact-resistant molded splints positioned on top and bottom of wrists for maximum protection along with shock absorbing EVA foam secured between support splints and wrist for cushioning.
- Wipeout™ Knee and Elbow Pads have a tough, abrasion resistant nylon body for durability, an impact-resistant cap anchored with reinforced rivets, and a lightweight and contoured pad design with shock absorbing EVA foam for protection and mobility
My 11 year old’s review of the Wipeout™ Dry Erase protective gear
The Wipeout stuff is really cool. I can draw on the gear as if it is a dry erase board. I really like how the wrist pads look on me. I can also DRAW on my gear. How cool is that! I highly recommend this helmet and pads.
Wipeout is made by Triple Eight, a leading producer of action sports protective gear since 1995 — a company known for safety and one that parents can trust. Learn more about Wipeout™ Dry Erase Helmet, Wrist Guards, and Knee and Elbow Pads at their website, iwipeout.com. You can also follow them along on their social media channels.
Are your kids ready to get creative about safety?
Get their Wipeout protective gear on Amazon with our links.
- Click to buy the Wipeout Youth Dry Erase Helmet
- Click to buy the Wipeout Knee and Elbow Pads with wrist guards
- Click to buy the Wipeout Youth Dry Erase Winter Snow Helmet