Following the global phenomenon of Force Friday in 2015, Disney and Lucasfilm have announced Find the Force, a global augmented reality event rolling out on Force Friday II (September 1) to commemorate the worldwide launch of new products inspired by STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI.
To help you celebrate and participate we’ve pulled together all the Star Wars Find the Force information we’ve been sent to present to you these ways Star Wars fans can “Find the Force” this Friday, September 1, 2017, otherwise known as Force Friday II.
9 Ways Star Wars Fans Can “Find the Force” on Force Friday II
- Download the most recent version of the Star Wars App. Fans can download the latest version of the Star Wars App (v. 2.3 or higher) beginning Aug. 24 for an early look at the new Porg characters in AR before the AR treasure hunt goes live at retail.
- Go on a treasure hunt for a virtual reality experience. From September 1-3, retailers around the world will invite fans to Find the Force by taking part in an AR treasure hunt using the Star Wars App. Visit any one of 20,000 participating retail locations to find a graphic that contains the Find the Force logo. Disney stores will be participating. When you scan the graphic using the Star Wars App, you’ll reveal a character, who through augmented reality, will appear in the room with you. Go back each day to reveal new characters. There will be 15 in total across the program’s three-day run. Click over for more information: www.starwars.com/findtheforce.
- Share your Star Wars virtual reality selfie and experience on social media by taking photos and record videos of what you find on your treasure hunt. By sharing photos or videos featuring the in-store AR characters on Twitter or Instagram using #FindtheForce and #Sweepstakes throughout Force Friday II weekend, fans in select global markets can participate in a sweepstakes for the chance to win the ultimate fan experience: tickets to the Star Wars: The Last Jedipremiere in December.
- No Purchase Necessary. Enter sweepstakes between August 31, 2017 at 7:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”)/3:00 p.m. British Summer Time (“BST”) and September 4, 2017 at 2:59 a.m. PT/10:59 a.m. BST. Open to legal residents in 50 U.S. + D.C., Canada (excluding Quebec), Australia, United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, France, South Korea and Chile who are 18+ or the age of majority in their place of residence, whichever is older. Limit 15 entries per person. There is 1 Grand Prize available to be won (ARV: US $4,500). Grand Prize winner must travel to Los Angeles, California USA on or about December 12, 2017. Visit starwars.com/findtheforce. for Official Rules including details on how to enter, additional eligibility requirements, prize descriptions and limitations. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty. Limited, Level 5, Chapel Street, South Yarra, Victoria 3141, Australia.
- Start shopping. A new product line for Star Wars: The Last Jedi will launch globally at 12:01 am September 1, 2017. Whether you want to get an early start on your holiday shopping for your favorite Star Wars fans or want to feed your love for all things Star Wars, Find the Force Friday is a great day to shop for Star Wars toys and more.
- Discover new surprise additions and reveal new characters from the film, Star Wars: The Last Jedi as you participate in Force Friday II activities and use the app.
- Collect data chips using the Star Wars App.
- Watch more about Find the Force and a how-to fully experience Force Friday II video at www.starwars.com/findtheforce.
- Reread our blog post titled, 18 Ways to Have the Best Star Wars Day for more special ways to celebrate Star Wars Find the Force” Force Friday II.
- Pop some popcorn and have a Family Movie Night Marathon of Star Wars movies.
How will you have Star Wars fun on Force Friday II?
Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.
Learn more about Star Wars: The Last Jedi at these links.
- Like STAR WARS on Facebook: www.facebook.com/starwarsmovies/
- Follow STAR WARS on Twitter: twitter.com/starwars
- Follow STAR WARS on Instagram: www.instagram.com/StarWarsMovies/
- Follow STAR WARS on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/starwars
- Visit the official STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI website: www.starwars.com/films/star-wars-episode-viii-the-last-jedi