Bridgeton’s newest attraction opened Saturday, June 1st, next to the Cohanzick Zoo in Bridgeton City Park, and we were there to check it out for the grand opening.
There’s a little bit of everything to get the kids soaked and keep them cool on a hot summer day. The Splash Pad covers 7,500 square feet including a 2,334 square foot spray deck with 28 fixtures. The venue will also feature a washroom facility, concession stand, outdoor shower, 2 pavilions, benches, lighting, and sitting areas where parents can sit in the shade and keep an eye on smaller children.
Some of the features of the Bridgeton Splash Park are:
- ladybug sprayer
- 2 water canons,
- buckets that fill up and dump
- piano with sprayers
- water wheels
- zoo theme throughout the spray area
A 4,000 gallon tank supplies a full recirculation system and water quality will be constantly monitored and treated accordingly from a control panel that allows operators to control such aspects as spray zones and start and stop times.
What you need to know about the Cumberland County Splash Park:
- The Bridgeton Splash Park is in the Bridgeton City Park, next to Cohanzick Zoo in Cumberland County.
- The Bridgeton Splash Park is open Memorial Day to Labor Day (weekends only while school is in session).
- After June 24, 2013,
- Open Daily 10 am-5 pm for three 2-hour sessions daily. 10 am-Noon, 12:30 pm- 2:30 pm, and 3 – 5 pm.
- In July and August, an additional session may be added from 5:30-7:30 pm
- All patrons must exit the fenced area between sessions. The max capacity of the Splash Pad is 100, so make sure you get there at the beginning of each session to maximize your play time and ensure yourself a spot.
- The Splash Park will open if the temperature is at least 78 degrees according to weather.com
- The park will close in the event of threatening weather.
- The park is also available for private events or birthday parties. Contact the Bridgeton Recreation Department at 856-453-1675 M-F 8:30-4:30 for more information, permits, or questions.
- Admission was free until June 20. The cost is $2 per person/2 hour session.