How cool is this?
For just $10 a ticket, you can expose your child to some great family friendly live performances.
The 28th annual Philadelphia International Children’s Festival runs from Thursday, May 3, 2012 to Saturday, May 5, 2012. There will be 6 shows offered over 3 days. Each show is just $10 a ticket and comes with the opportunity to not only enjoy a family-friendly performance, but also to enjoy fun, interactive, activities and more performances in the FUN ZONE (see details about that below.) The festival is hosted by the Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts.
In fact, later today we will be hosting a giveaway for a family four-pack of tickets to the Philadelphia International Children’s Festival.
Here’s a quick listing of the shows being offered at the Philadelphia International Children’s Festival.
- Space Panorama
- Monkeys in the House
- Pasta! A Pops Musical Puppet Show
- Tomorrow’s Musical Stars
We will be featuring 2 of them each week for Theatre Thursday leading up to the Festival.
A sparkling re-creation of the Apollo 11 moon landing, Space Panorama features British actor Andrew Dawson defying theatre norms in a one-man journey from Houston to the moon and back. Armed with nothing more than a black-clothed table and music from Shostakovich’s Symphony No. 10, Dawson explores this momentous event using only his hands, arms and upper torso to create an entrancing documentary of the entire mission. “Rocket science has never been so lyrical!” (Time Out London).
Recommended for ages 7+.
Here’s a video clip
Space Panorama Performance Schedule
- Performances at Bruce Montgomery Theatre
- All Tickets are $10 each
- Thursday, May 3, 2012 @ 10 AM · BUY
- Thursday, May 3, 2012 @ 12 PM · BUY
- Friday, May 4, 2012 @ 10 AM · BUY
- Friday, May 4, 2012 @ 12 PM · BUY
- Saturday, May 5, 2012 @ 1 PM · BUY
- Saturday, May 5, 2012 @ 3 PM · BUY
Children’s Festival FUN ZONE
Before or after your show make sure to make time to visit the Children’s Festival FUN ZONE.
- Located on the Outdoor Plaza
- Opens at 10 am daily.
- Free for all ticket holders
- Engaging and hands-on activities for the whole family!
- Face painting
- Performances by Brian Sanders & JUNK (physical theatre), Joe Tayoun & Friends (Middle Eastern drummers), the Give & Take Jugglers, The Cat’s Pajamas (rockin’ music), Wondergy and The Plants (imaginative and eclectic band). Click here to see the FUN ZONE schedule.
Visit with the Phillies Phanatic on Saturday, May 5 at noon!
For a great value, buy a
$25 Children’s Festival Fun Pass
Valid only on Saturday, May 5th! The Children’s Festival Fun Pass allows you to enjoy three shows, access to the Children’s Festival FUN ZONE and a free lunch for only $25.* It’s the best way to experience the Philadelphia International Children’s Festival! Offer valid for three different performances, not three tickets to the same performance on Saturday, May 5th only. To buy yours, click here.
In full disclosure, Jersey Family Fun is working with the Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts to promote their Children’s Festival. Jersey Family Fun writers are receiving press passes to attend these shows and review them for Jersey Family Fun. We are also receiving tickets for a family four-pack giveaway.