This post was sponsored by Sahl’s Father Son Farm in Galloway, New Jersey, who is a 5-year advertiser with Jersey Family Fun. We’re thrilled to share with you information about Sahl’s Father Son Farm Fall Activities.
It’s fall and despite busy sports and school schedules, we still want to get out and enjoy those traditional fall activities with our families! For us around Jersey Family Fun, that means it’s time to return to Sahl’s Father Son Farm for pumpkin picking, hayrides, playing in the corn, and more. This year, we couldn’t wait to get over there to see what new Sahl’s Father Son Farm fall activities Jeremy added and of course take part in some of our favorite returning activities. Now’s the time to get out your calendar and plan for your return visit to the Father Son Farm in Galloway.
Once again, Jeremy and his family shifted the farm layout around to make room for MORE Father Son Farm fall activities kids and adults WILL love!
Sahl’s Father Son Farm is celebrating 9 years of life-sized labyrinths in their cornfields and 150 years of farming!
9 random facts about the Sahl family
- Farmer Jeremy and his family currently live on the original Sahl homestead which pre-dates house building records. They have no idea how old our house is.
- One of the Sahl family ancestors was hit by a train . . . and lived.
- The Sahl Family Farm was once a peach orchard. We ALL wish they still had some of those peach trees!
- The Sahl’s took the first step in transitioning away from horse-drawn wagons in 1912 when Joseph Sahl II was given a motorcycle by his parents.
- The Sahl’s were on the cutting edge of agricultural technology when they purchased their first tractor in 1927. It had steel wheels with cleats for traction.
- When the area first established telephone service in 1912, the Sahl’s number was 64A. It cost $15 per year to maintain service through the Egg Harbor City Telephone Company.
- The name “Father Son” in our title refers to Farmer Jeremy’s great grandfather and grandfather, though we would love to pass the name on to the next father/son team that comes along.
- Farmer Jeremy’s father remembers first driving a tractor at about eight years old. He steered the tractor while it was moving about 2 miles per hour while farm hands cut and loaded vegetables into the wagon behind the tractor.
- Farmer Jeremy took over the farm for his grandfather in the early 2000’s. He currently runs the farm in his father and uncle’s stead since both his father and uncle passed up the opportunity for farming to serve as ministers instead.
Sahl’s Father Son Farm Corn Maze Design for 2017
From the Philadelphia Eagles’ and Phillies’ mazes to Lucy the Elephant maze and the Cape May County Zoo, the Father Son Farm corn maze has a history of taking on a design that pays tribute to our area. This year’s design is no different. This year’s design is the Sahl’s Father Son Farm logo to honor the farm’s 150 years of farming.
NEW Sahl’s Father Son Farm Fall Activities for 2017!
- Solve a Farm Scene Investigation – As you walk around the Sahl’s Father Son Farm corn maze in Galloway keep your eyes open for clues to solve the mystery.
- The younger ones can have a race around the Tricycle Track.
- Climb to the top of the Tire Pyramid in the Kiddie Koral.
- Have a game of Connect Four.
- Battle on in a game of Power Poppers ($3 per player).
Sahl’s Father Son Farm Fall Activities returning for 2017
- Bounce Pit full of jumping balls for all ages (included with regular admission)
- Pedal Cart track (additional $3 per ride).
- A corn maze separated for different lengths and levels of difficulty.
- Rubber Duck Races (bring your own or use of theirs.)
- Hay Rides on hay ride trailers
- Pumpkin Picking
- Pumpkins in the patch are priced by the size of the pumpkin’s diameter from $2 to $12 each.
- Fun Photo Back Drops
- Pig Races see our video of a pig race here. This year it’s Applesauce and Pork Chop who will be racing. They are the offspring of last year’s racing pigs.
- Kiddie Koral
- picnic area
- hay jump
- corn shed
- sand pile
- trench maze
- disc toss
- corn on the cob cannon 3 cobs for $1
- Mini Mazes
- Pony rides will be available on select October Saturdays. The cost is $3 per ride. Tickets may be purchased at the ticket booth or directly from the pony attendants.
Sahl’s Father Son Farm Admission includes
*Your admission includes all mazes and maze games, Kiddie Koral playground, pig races (when running), rubber duck races (bring your own rubber duck or purchase one of ours for a $1), and as many hayrides as your heart desires. Not included within your admission are pony rides, pumpkins, corn cobs for the corn cannon, pedal cart rides, power popper play, and concession stand items.
For information on Sahl’s Father Son Farm Admission Rates please visit their site.
Sahl’s Father Son Farm accepts cash and credit cards. However, the pony rides only accept cash.
Visit our Sahl’s Father Son Farm Upcoming Events & Promo Code page for details on the farm’s upcoming events and special money-saving offers.
Sahl’s Father Son Farm Hours
(Now through November 4, 2017)
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday: 4 pm – 7 pm
- Wednesday Evenings: Closed
- Saturday: Open 10am – 7pm
*Tickets will not be sold after 7 pm; however, the grounds will remain open as late as 9 pm. We will be open from 10 am – 7 pm on most “no school” days for area school districts.
- Closed on Sundays.
Sahl’s Father Son Farm Location
Sahl’s Father Son Farm is located at 420 West Pestalozzi Street in Galloway, New Jersey. You can check out our past articles about Sahl’s Father Son Farm to see more reasons why it’s a great New Jersey Farm.
For more information about the Sahl’s Father Son Farm, a great Galloway corn maze and farm, please visit their website or like them on Facebook. You can see more of our Sahl’s Father Son Farm photos in our Facebook gallery. Here’s a preview.