Well it looks like summer has come to an end. Pools are covered up, bathing suits are put away until next season, and it’s time for some homework. Throughout the week everyone is going about so much hustle and bustle that we don’t take the time to look at the simpler things in life.
What is there to do now that autumn leaves are falling and the crisp sweater weather is just around the corner?
How about taking your child to your local farm? There are dozens of farms around New Jersey that include hayrides, pick-your-own apples, or pumpkins (during the other seasons there may be other fruits or vegetables to pick like green beans and strawberries) and most include other fun outdoor activities. It’s important to get outside during every season.
Here are two of my personal favorites
- Hill Creek Farms,1631 Rt 45., Mullica Hill NJ 08062
- Duffield’s Farm Market, 280 Chapel Heights Rd., Sewell NJ 08080
Duffield’s Farm Market Activities
- Hay Rides
- Apple Picking, Pumpkin Picking, Strawberry picking
- Corn Mazes during October
- Pony Rides on select days
- Small Animal Farm
- Play Area with Tractor to play on
- Areas to take photos pretending to be different animals
Hill Creek Farms Activities
- Apple Picking
- Pumpkin Picking
- Hay rides
- slides, Tic-tac-Toe, Bean Bag Tosses and Basketball.
- Photo Spots on an old tractor and hay
- Small Market with various foods and pastries (try the Apple Cider Doughnuts)
- Giant Apple Mascot
View our listing of New Jersey Farms
Read our reviews on New Jersey’s Pick Your Own Farms