Aren’t holidays fun?
I love any excuse to get my friends and their kids together for a little fun making projects, hanging out, creating yummy snacks. A week or two ago, Hewlett-Packard, MomSelect, and Walmart gave us an extra reason to do so. They wanted us to show off their new wireless printer the HP Deskjet 3052Aand see how we could get creative with it. The Deskjet 3052A is a wireless printer that allows you to easily print any image or file from your laptop, smartphone, or any device with Internet access.
I set up our home, the playroom was clean, the craft supplies were out, the HP wireless printer was ready to go.
Our project of the day was Photo Pumpkins. Some moms emailed their favorite picture of their child directly to the HP Deskjet 3052A. While others took photos of their kids while in my living room and sent them to the wireless printer. We all were amazed how easy it was. With photos printed we moved onto making our Photo Pumpkins. Here’s how.
How to make a photo pumpkin
- Decorate a paper plate to look like a pumpkin. Be creative. Who says a pumpkin has to be orange? We had a colorful rainbow of pumpkins.
- Cut out a square, circle, heart or other shape, in the center of the pumpkin. The hole should be slightly smaller than the photo you will use.
- Tape the picture to the back of the pumpkin, so that it shows through your hole. We found tape to work better than glue because the glue could cause the ink to smear. You could also use glue sticks instead of regular bottle glue.
- Continue to decorate your pumpkin. We used adhesive green fun foam to create stems and leaves. We used green pipe cleaners to create vines that hung off our pumpkins.
Later we moved onto to playtime and then creating candy-topped cupcakes. While we used a recipe MomSelect sent us you could use any cupcake recipe. Each child picked their favorite candy and sprinkled it on top of their cupcake. As the cupcakes baked, the kids played. Had we had more time we would have made photo gift tags and the kids could have gifted their cupcake creations to a loved one. Unfortunately, between early-dismissal days and afterschool activities this was one of our shorter playdates, but still lots of fun.
I really enjoyed using the HP Deskjet 3052A printer and how it gave inspiration to many photo-inspired crafts and party ideas we could do. And while we couldn’t do all of our ideas in this playdate I look forward to more playdates when we can. Here’s some of our ideas below.
- Make ghost or turkey but the head has the face of your child
- Photo gift tags – Print the photos onto special paper and create gift tags or labels
- Create a cookbook of recipes you make at your party. The child’s face can be on the cover.
Party Activities You can do with the HP Deskjet Wireless Printer
- Scavenger Hunt – Have participants send a picture to your printer when they find something on the list.
- Treasure Hunt – Send clues to the printer. When kids complete a task they have to return to the printer for the next clue.
- I Spy – Print out pictures of items around your house and have your guests match the printed picture to the item.
- Print out coloring pages.
- Send kids home with photos of them having fun at your party.
Click over to Facebook if you’d like to see more pictures from our party.
What ideas do you have? We’d love to hear them.
Next week, we’ll also share additional details on the HP Deskjet Wireless Printer and why it might just be the only printer your home will ever need.
In full disclosure, we were provided a Hewlett-Packard Deskjet 3052A to review and Walmart gift cards for a party we used to introduce this printer. As always all opinions are our own and based on our experience with the HP printer. We are an affiliate advertiser with Walmart. If you make a purchase with one of the links above Jersey Family Fun will receive a portion of your sale as income to cover the costs associated with running Jersey Family Fun.