Our Weekends at the Jersey Shore series latest stop in Cape May County was at the Scarborough Inn Bed & Breakfast in Ocean City. During our weekend we kept the kids busy playing at Splash Zone and Morey’s Piers. More details on those places to come, for now we want to tell you about our stay at the Scarborough Inn.
It was a busy Saturday night in Ocean City when we arrived at the Scarborough Inn, but the inn had plenty of parking so we were all set. We were greeted by friendly staff who made sure we had everything we needed before we shuffled up to our room on the 3rd Floor. Our room, the Fontill Room, is two bedrooms connected by a common bathroom. I loved this because on one side you have a bedroom for parents. On the other is a bedroom for the kids. The kids can go to bed at their regular bedtime and mom & dad can stay up as late as they want. Both rooms have a sink, an AC unit, and their own televisions.
Once settled in, my boys, niece, and I set off to explore the three floors of the Inn. To our delight every floor held something of interest for us.
Scarborough Inn First Floor
- A common, large, living area with a piano and plenty of seating. Relax. Play the piano or enjoy someone else’s playing or company.
- A Butler’s Pantry where complimentary tea/coffee is available from 11 am – 10 pm and afternoon refreshments area available at 4 pm.
- The dining room where breakfast is served from 8 – 10 am on most days.
Scarborough Inn Second Floor
- There is a library with a great selection of books, magazines, tourist pamphlets, and media (VHS or DVD format) for guests’ entertainment. Sit back in one of their armchairs to catch up with a good book or bring it back to your room to borrow during your stay.
Scarborough Inn Third Floor
- The Sojourn Room was my kids’ favorite room. There was a CD player, tables, and a selection of board games. They loved that one table even had a chessboard-style top. They could play right on the surface.
- In the kitchenette (inside the Sojourn Room) you can make yourself a cup of coffee or tea, use the ice machine, or store something in the small fridge.
- There is a desk for work space in the hallway. Free wireless Internet is provided throughout the Inn.
Other areas of the Scarborough Inn
- There is an outdoor deck with rocking chairs.
- Courtyard Gardens
- Bathhouse with hot & cold water to rinse off the Ocean City sand
- Laundry machines
- Soda machines
With our Scarborough Inn tour done, we headed back to our room to make our video. (see below)
Unpacked and hungry, we headed out to the Ocean City Boardwalk for dinner. The Scarborough Inn is located just blocks from the Ocean City beach and boardwalk making it easy for families to enjoy all the Ocean City beaches and boardwalk have to offer without having to drive to get closer to it.
A bit more about the Fontill room at the Scarborough Inn
Our room on the 3rd floor featured
- A king size bed in one room
- A queen size bed in the other (but you can request 2 twins instead)
- Each room has a chair for additional seating.
- 1 phone
- A sink in each room
- 1 television with family friendly channels in each room
- 1 closet in each room
- Standard-sized tub with shower
- Clothes line that could stretch across the top of the tub for hanging wet clothes and bathing suits
- Toiletries – Soaps, shampoos, etc
Blocks from the Ocean City Boardwalk, great family rooms that give parents privacy, and great staff, The Scarborough Inn would make a great home away from home for your family’s stay in Ocean City.
What you should know if you stay at the Scarborough Inn
- If you are bringing the kids, request a room with 2 beds or any of their larger rooms, suites, or apartment unit.
- For family friendly meals.
- Visit any of the Ocean City’s restaurants
- Pack your bathing suits.
- The Scarborough Inn is steps from the Ocean City beach. Guests are provided with 2 complimentary beach passes to use on their visit if they are staying 2 or more nights.
- There is a small laundry room on the lowest level for washing and drying your clothes. Vending machines sell detergent.
- The Scarborough Inn offers a parking lot. You will be given a parking ticket, to place on your dashboard, when you check in. There is no additional charge for parking.
- Room Rates may vary so it’s best to check The Scarborough Inn site for rates and availability.
- Want to explore beyond the Ocean City Beach? Check here for additional information on what to do in Ocean City, New Jersey or ask the owners for recommendations. They would be happy to help.
To view our pictures from the Scarborough Inn visit our Facebook Gallery.