New Jersey State Museum Super Science Saturday, May 9, 2015
As if the New Jersey State Museum wasn’t already a fun and great place to visit, Saturday, May 9th it becomes even more fun! It’s Super Science Saturday! Admission and parking is FREE. (There is a cost for planetarium shows.)
From 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, the New Jersey State Museum will offer planetarium shows, auditorium programs and workshops.
The New Jersey State Museum Planetarium will offer six different showtimes for Super Science Saturday
- The discounted planetarium ticket price will be $5 per person.
- Ticket sales begin at 10 am and continue until tickets for all shows have been sold. Arrive early because seating is limited.
The New Jersey State Museum Planetarium Schedule for Super Science Saturday
- 11:00 am – Earthquake: Evidence of a Restless Planet (Recommended for families with children in grades 5 and up.)
- 12 noon – Rusty Rocket
- 1:00 pm – Laser Space Chase
- 2:00 pm – Stars!
- 3:00 pm – To Space and Back
- 4:00 pm – Laser Space Chase
Auditorium shows will include
- 11:30 am – Field Station Dinosaurs
- 1:30 pm and 3:00 pm – Science Circus Presented by Liberty Science Center
New Jersey State Museum Super Science Saturday Workshops
- 10:30 am, 12:30 pm & 1:30 pm – Gears, Gears, and More Gears
- 11:45 am, 2:45 pm & 3:15 pm – Sunlight Photography
- 12:30 pm & 1:30 pm – Backyard Tweets
- 10:30 am, 11:30 am & 2:30 pm – Kaleidoscope Kids
Other New Jersey State Museum Super Science Saturday activities
- Visitors are encouraged to bring their archaeology or natural history “finds” for identification by the Museum’s staff. Natural History Identification 10:30 am to 12:30 pm and Archaeology Identification 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm.
- It’s also one of the last opportunities to see New Jersey’s own dinosaur in the exhibit “Drawn To Dinosaurs: Hadrosaurus foulkii”.
- The WPST Street Crew will be here from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm with music, games and prizes.
Check the New Jersey State Museum website for updates. Super Science Saturday is sponsored in part by the Friends of the New Jersey State Museum.
Remember admission and parking for the event and the New Jersey State Museum are free.
For more information on the regular exhibits of the New Jersey State Museum, that you can also see during the Super Science Saturday, see our earlier blog post about the New Jersey State Museum.
In full disclosure this is not a sponsored post.