Become a wilderness adventurer, a lover of flowers, or a world class hiker in the great outdoors of New Jersey
Nature Centers across the state are a fun way to get outside in the fresh air and share in unique experiences with you family. There are quite a few nature centers, watersheds, and hatcheries in New Jersey all with their own unique programs. Of course we didn’t want to leave out the fabulous gardens and arboretums. There is something to be said for running through the fields of Rutgers Gardens on a spring day or spending a few hours at the Camden Children’s Garden at one of their many events.
Why enjoy a New Jersey Nature Center?
Here’s a few of our reasons.
- Get exercise as a family
- Create new memories and maybe even gain a new interest
- Boost brain activities with nature scavenger hunts and map reading skills while trying to navigate the trail
- There is always a new place to explore or adventure to be had
- Events at the nature centers include hikes, story time, crafts, and bird watching just to name a few
- Open all year long, so you will always have something to do and stop a case of the “I’m boreds” before they start
New Jersey Nature Centers
Please click on any county name for a drop down listing of New Jersey Nature Centers in that county. Click on a location’s name for more information about that nature center.
- Closter Nature Center, Closter, 201-750-2778
- Demarest Nature Center, Demarest, 201-403-3183
- Flat Rock Brook Nature Center, Englewood, 201-567-1265
- Lorrimer Sanctuary, Franklin Lakes, 201-891-2185
- Meadowlands Environmental Center, Lyndhurst, 201-460-8300
- Ridgefield Nature Center, Ridgefield, 201-943-5215
- Tenafly Nature Center, Tenafly, 201-568-6093
- James A McFaul Environmental Center, Wyckoff, 201-891-5571
- Camden County Environmental Center, Cherry Hill, 856-216-7130
- Scotland Run Park Nature Center, Clayton, 856-881-0845
- None known
- Whittemore — Community, Culture & Conservation, Tewksbury, 908-439-1201
- Plainsboro Preserve, Cranbury, 609-897-9400
- Garret Mountain Reservation, Woodland Park, 973-881-4833
- Alloway Creek Watershed, Elsinboro, 888-627-7437
- Kittatinny Valley State Park, Andover, 973-786-6445
- Trailside Nature and Science Center, Mountainside, 908-789-3670