There is nothing like the smell of fresh flowers in the spring.
Gardens and arboretums across New Jersey are a fun way to get outside in the fresh air and share in unique experiences with you family. There are quite a few gardens and arboretums around the state that offer many fun programs for families. When the Camden Children’s Garden opens for the season mid-March you will find different fairs and festivals, the Rutgers Gardens has many spots to explore with kids and different events too.
New Jersey gardens and arboretums, give families opportunities to get exercise as a family while also discovering new flowers and create new memories together. Every few weeks something different is blooming. What will you find? Which garden will be your favorite?
New Jersey Gardens & Arboretums
Please click on any county name for a drop down listing of New Jersey Nature Centers in that county. Click on a location’s name for more information about that nature center.
- Egg Harbor Twp Arboretum, Egg Harbor Twp, 609-926-4093
- Camden Children’s Garden, Camden, 856-365-8733
- Barclay Farmstead, Cherry Hill, 856-795-6225
- We are unaware of any Gardens & Arboretums in Cumberland County
- We are unaware of any Gardens & Arboretums in Gloucester County
- We are unaware of any Gardens & Arboretums in Hudson County
- Hunterdon County Arboretum, Lebanon Twp, 908-788-1202
- Edith Duff Gwin Gardens, Barnegat Light
- We are unaware of any Gardens & Arboretums in Salem County
- Cross Estate Gardens, Bernardsville, 973-539-2016
- Leonard J. Buck Garden, Far Hills NJ, 908-234-2677
- Duke Gardens, Hillsborough, 908-722-3700
- Colonial Park Arboretum & Rose Garden, Somerset, 732-873-2459
- Wagner Farm Arboretum, Warren, 908-350-7383
- We are unaware of any Gardens & Arboretums in Sussex County
- Cedar Brook Park Shakespeare Garden, Plainfield, 908-527-4900
- Reeves Arboretum, Summit, 908-273-8787
- Merrill Creek Reservoir Butterfly Garden, Washington Twp, 908-454-1213
- Pohatcong Native Arboretum, Washington Twp, 908-343-5274