McDonald’s Shamrock Shakes are back and this time with new flavors!
McDonald’s Shamrock Shakes were an important part of my childhood. With a birthday in mid-March, Shamrock Shakes were often a part of my birthday celebration. As an adult, Shamrock Shakes are still a nice end of winter indulgence that I now share with my 11 year old. I was excited to hear that Shamrock flavors at McDonald’s were expanding this year and even more excited when I was provided with a McDonald’s Arch card and Shamrock Shake gift pack to tell you all about them. There are four new Shamrock Shake flavors, along with the traditional Shamrock shake. We’ve got the details on the new flavors and your chance to win a McDonald’s gift card so you too can get your own.
McDonald’s Shamrock Shakes New Flavors
- The Chocolate Shamrock shake is a layered shake with chocolate at the bottom and McDonald’s Shamrock Shake on the top and topped off with whipped cream, green sugar crystals, chocolate syrup, and a cherry.
- The Shamrock Chocolate Chip Frappe is chocolate chips and a hint of coffee blended with McDonald’s Shamrock Shake syrup and topped with whipped cream, green sugar crystals, and chocolate syrup.
- The Shamrock Hot Chocolate is hot chocolate combined with McDonald’s Shamrock Shake syrup.
- The Shamrock Mocha is prepared with chocolate syrup, espresso, steamed milk, and McDonald’s Shamrock Shake syrup.
My 11 year old, who sometimes begrudgingly drags along on my blog adventures, was all in for our Shamrock shake adventure. We headed to McDonald’s for dinner and to enjoy Shamrock Shakes.
While ordering our meals, my son stuck with the original Shamrock shake and I tried the Chocolate Shamrock shake. We also ordered one of each of the other Shamrock drinks to try.
The Straw that makes a difference
McDonald’s gifted us with this new innovative straw that they had made specifically for the Chocolate Shamrock shake. The STRAW was designed to be able to combine the chocolate and mint layers of the shake so there is an even mix of both as you drink. It definitely made a difference when drinking the Chocolate Shamrock shake versus using a traditional straw. With a traditional straw, we needed to stir our shake up to get the chocolate and mint flavors to combine, with The STRAW, both flavors were sucked up together.
Our McDonald’s Shamrock Shake review
We all enjoyed the original McDonald’s Shamrock Shake and the Chocolate Shamrock shake. The Chocolate Shamrock shake was a nice change from the original. The chocolate flavor blended nicely with the mint flavor. The Shamrock Hot Chocolate was also a favorite. Several winters ago I first discovered mint hot chocolate and am always on the look out for anywhere I can get it. I am so excited that, for a limited time, I can get a Shamrock Hot Chocolate at McDonald’s.
Confession time: I am not a coffee drinker and I’ve never liked the taste of coffee, so the Shamrock Chocolate Chip Frappe and Shamrock Mocha (which we ordered hot but could also be ordered cold) were not high on my list. However, my father, who joined us on this adventure, really enjoyed the Chocolate Chip Frappe and indicated he would definitely order it again. So if you are a coffee drinker these are two new Shamrock drink options you should definitely try.
We enjoyed our Shamrock taste test and will definitely be heading back to McDonald’s again before the Shamrock drinks are gone for the year.
Ready to win a $50 McDonald’s McArch Gift Card?
1 Winner will win a $50 McDonald’s McArch Gift Card.
Here’s your chance to win a $50 McDonald’s McArch Gift Card!
Some things to consider before you enter:
- Unless otherwise stated, entrants can earn a free entry by checking the first free entry box.
- You may earn an additional entry by leaving one comment on the Jersey Family Fun giveaway/contest blog post, that answers the question being asked during the timeframe of the contest. Comments that do not answer the question, while appreciated, will not be valid or count as meeting the requirement. Comments left after the giveaway/contest has closed will not be valid toward the contest.
- Contact information is a requirement for entry: name and a valid email address is required. Other non-personal information may be required/requested for entry. This information will not be shared with the giveaway sponsor unless it is stated in the contest/giveaway blog post itself.
- Our giveaways/contests are by no means sponsored by Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube or any other social media platform. You may use them to earn additional entries, but you are not required to use them to enter. None of these social media channels are responsible if you don’t win.
- No purchase is ever necessary to win a Jersey Family Fun prize in an online contest.
- Chances of winning are dependent entirely on the number of eligible entries received.
- We will pick 1 winner. The winner will win a $50 McDonald’s McArch Gift Card. Winner agree to provide contact and shipping information to Jersey Family Fun and/or the giveaway sponsor, including full name, address, phone number, and email address.
- One winner per household of any prize within a 30-day period.
- Once all entries have been validated, we will use Rafflecopter to select a winner. View our how to use Rafflecopter video here.
- Unless otherwise stated, giveaways and contests are only available to residents in the United States.
- Unless stated otherwise ticket and giftcard prizes are only valid in New Jersey and for specific dates/performances. Void where prohibited by law.
- You have until Sunday, March 19, 2017, at midnight to enter. The winners will be announced Monday, March 20, 2017. The winner will need to claim their prizes by 3 pm on Tuesday, March 21, 2017. Please claim your prize by emailing us back your name and mailing address to Melanie within 24 hours. All prizes not claimed will either remain with the company sponsor or Jersey Family Fun.