This is not a sponsored post.
Mom….. whats for dinner?
Four words I have grown quite familiar with these days. Ever since my daughter turned 3 she has a new found interest in what I serve each night for dinner. She wants to be part of the menu planning, food shopping and finally the preparing of the meal. This of course is awesome! Not only does it allow us some quality bonding time, but I have found that she is trying new foods now that she is involved more in the kitchen. New Jersey has plenty of cooking classes for kids that teach children how to cook as well as sample the foods they make. Cooking classes for kids not only aid children in preparing foods, but teach young children math, older children fractions, and children of all ages patience and determination!
North Jersey Cooking Classes for Kids
- Chef It Up- Nutley, NJ: Birthday parties, field trips, mommy and me classes, plus Family Fun night! For more information call: 732-542-8542.
- Chef Central- Paramus, NJ: Kids classes from age 3 and up. Located in their culinary superstore. For more information call : 201- 576-0100.
- Ridgewood Culinary Studio- Ridgewood, NJ: Children learn about safety, nutrition, measurement and kitchen prep in a hands on studio. For more information call: 201-447-2665.
Central Jersey Cooking Classes for Kids
- Classic Thyme- Westfield, NJ: Summer cooking camp for ages 4 and up. Learn exciting recipes in the new living schoolyard. The camp focuses on teaching kids what “farm to table” really means. Children get the opportunity to plant, harvest and serve various vegetables and fruits grown in the living schoolyard. For more information call: 908-232-5445.
- Shoprite- Clark, NJ: Healthy habits begin at a young age. Monthly classes built around a theme and taught by a registered dietitian. for more information call: 732-381-2025.
- PEP Club- Warren, NJ: Something is always cooking in this kid’s club. Ages 3 and up. Easy and delicious seasonal themed dishes. For more information call: 732-271-1007.
- Young Chef’s Academy- Morganville, NJ: Teaches kids that cooking can be fun, creative and healthy. Classes broken down into 3 different age categories. For more information call: 732-536-7777.
- Wegmans-Bridgewater, NJ: Provides hands on classes each Saturday. Children ages 4-8 years old. For more information call: 908-243-9600
- Cook N Tell Cooking School- Colts Neck, NJ: Learn how to make creative and fun recipes in an in home kitchen. Ages 4 and up. For more information call: 732-577-8484
South Jersey Cooking Classes for Kids
- Pop Shop- Collingswood, NJ: Local Diner and more! Kids ages 4-7 can enjoy 20 minutes of yoga followed by a lesson on how to make a healthy and body nourishing snack. For more information call: 856-869-0111
- Stafford Recreation- Manahawkin, NJ : 6 week program that centers around the winter and spring themes. Children ages 2.5-5 are invited to join in learning creative recipes that require little or no heat. For more information call: 609-597-1000.
- Kitchen Kapers- Moorestown, NJ: Classes for children ages 6 and up. Each week is a different fun theme and foods range from fancy entrees to delectable desserts. For more information call: 856-778-7705
- Little chefs- Cherry Hill, NJ: Classes for children ages 2-15. Skills learned help to build self esteem and confidence in the kitchen. For more information call: 856-429-5006
- Sur la table-Marlton, NJ: Great cooking isn’t about recipes, but rather techniques. Classes are taught on site in the store kitchen and are available to children ages 5 and older. For more information call: 856-797-0098
- Flavorful Fork- Marlton, NJ: Pizza making classes for children ages 5 and up. A personal chef will bring all of the ingredients and skills you need to build the perfect pizza right to the comforts of your own kitchen. For more information call: 609-304-5295.