Thank you so much for voting!
We needed your help!
And you delivered!
Earlier this month, we asked our Facebook fans to nominate New Jersey charities we should support in 2017. Two weeks ago we introduced our idea of having 12 Jersey Family Fun 2017 Charitable Partners in Caring. We asked you to vote to help us pick which 12 we should support. With your votes you would DETERMINE the ones that that would benefit from being a Jersey Family Fun 2017 Charitable Partner in Caring.
Before we announce the results, here’s a look at how we plan to support our 2017 Charitable Partners in Caring.
Jersey Family Fun’s 2017 Charitable Partners in Caring will receive
- A 300×125 side bar ad on Jersey Family Fun that will link to their site.
- 1 feature article on our site written by a member/volunteer of their organization or a Jersey Family Fun mom
- An eblast to our subscribers introducing them to our Charitable Partner of the Month.
- Their family friendly events will be included on the Jersey Family Fun Calendar of Events for their month.
- We’ll organize a family/group volunteer project at their location/or to benefit their organization.
I have to tell you, watching the votes come in was moving. It became quiet clear that my family and yours was going to get to know some unique organizations and special people. Many of these organizations are ones that I had no familiarity with until our readers suggested them. It is one thing to tell or teach my children to be accepting and kind to all people regardless of their backgrounds or situation. This upcoming year, they will have opportunities to put that into practice. I constantly tell them how blessed we are because so many support Jersey Family Fun. They will see that next year and they will be part of blessing others. And while we have done community service in the past, 2017 will change everything. It will change me. It will change my family and I hope yours too. I can’t wait to share our blessings with our new Charitable Partners in Giving. I can’t wait to see how blessing them changes us.
278 readers VOTED!
Now the winning 12 charities! During the first week of January, we will begin contacting these charities to determine which month will be ‘their’ month of Jersey Family Fun support. Our first place winner will have the first pick. The second place winner has the second choice and so forth.
Jersey Family Fun’s 2017 Charitable Partners in Caring
- 10th Place with 34 votes ~ Orphans aging out of foster system
- 9th Place with 34 votes ~ Community Foodbank of New Jersey
- 8th Place TIE with 39 votes ~ Funny Farm Rescue
- 8th Place TIE with 39 votes ~ Ronald McDonald House of Northern New Jersey ~ New Brunswick and Long Branch
- 7th Place TIE with 48 votes ~ Cozies4Chemo* Cozies4Chemo has asked not to participate at this time, though they are very honored and appreciative of everyone’s votes.
- 7th Place TIE with 48 votes ~ NJ Wounded Veterans/Warriors
- 6th Place with 50 votes ~ Bergen Volunteer Center
- 5th Place with 51 votes ~ Autism Speaks New Jersey
- 4th Place with 53 votes ~ Ronald McDonald House of Southern New Jersey – Camden House
- 3rd Place with 60 votes ~ Alex’s Lemonade Foundation*
- 2nd Place with 69 votes ~ Izzy’s Infantry Fighting Pediatric Cancer & Spinal Trauma
- 1st Place with 96 votes ~ Nothing Down
Thank you for your votes to help us select the 12 New Jersey charitable organizations we will support in 2017.
Here’s our line up by month of when we’ll be supporting each of our Charitable Partners in Caring:
- March ~ Nothing Down
- April ~ Bergen Volunteer Center
- May ~ Ronald McDonald House of Northern New Jersey ~ New Brunswick and Long Branch
- June ~ Alex’s Lemonade Foundation
- July ~ Community Foodbank of New Jersey
- August~ Autism Speaks New Jersey
- September ~ Izzy’s Infantry Fighting Pediatric Cancer & Spinal Trauma
- November ~ Funny Farm Rescue
Happy Holidays, Happy New Year, & God bless,
Jenn & the Jersey Family Fun team