Do you have a ballerina in the making?
This week our Small Business Saturday resumes with our introduction to the Cara Ashley School of Dance. Cara’s school in Hammonton offers ballet, tap, modern, and jazz classes for kids of all ages.
Cara, the school’s director says, “My studio is unique because it feels like a home away from home for myself and all the children. We educate in a way that is fun and effective. If I do not see smiles on all my kids faces then I know I am not doing my job well. I do not agree with any studio that requires a uniform for dance class. I believe that the child should have the opportunity to express themselves through style as well. I also do not have any cliques among the dancers or parents. Everyone truly gets along. I consider myself to be a good role model for the children. I strive to better myself as a dance teacher, dancer, and parent everyday and I feel this is evident to all my dancers and parents. I am very approachable and always listen to any opinion, problem or suggestion that a parent or dancer may have. I truly feel blessed to have been given this gift of dance and for me dance and family is life!”
With a philosophy like that it’s clear why so many of her students have such big smiles.
Cara Ashley School of Dance features
- A fun and friendly dance atmosphere! A beautiful dance school with two state of the art dance studios!
- Viewing mirrors for parents
- A dance store with affordable, quality dance wear
- Cushioned hard wood flooring
- Well lit parking lot
- Professionally cleaned weekly
- A young, vibrant, professional teaching staff that is sure to win the hearts of your children!
About the Cara Ashley School of Dance Teachers
- Cara Ashley Restuccio – Owner and Director – Jazz – Ballet – Modern – Tap
- Miss Cara has been dancing since the age of four.
- Competed throughout her high school years winning many awards.
- Has degree in Dance with concentration in business and studio operations from the Richard Stockton College.
- While at Stockton her student dances were chosen to represent the Stockton Dance Company at the American College Dance Festivals in New York and Florida.
- Auditioned and performed with many dance icons.
- Mother to a 5-year-old daughter and a 1-year-old son.
- Miss Healani – Ballet
- Began her classical ballet training under the direction off Phyllis Papa at the Atlantic Contemporary Ballet Theatre.
- Former member of the Absegami Dance Company & Atlantic Contemporary Ballet Theatre’s academic program.
- Earned dance credits from the Richard Stockton College of New Jersey.
- Became a resident instructor at ACBT, and joined the school’s parent company, the Atlantic City Ballet as an apprentice.
- Became a full-time instructor at Cara Ashley School of Dance in 2011.
- Miss Alexia – Hip Hop
- Has been dancing since she was 12 years old.
- Former member of Stockton All Starz Dance Team and Junior Varsity cheerleading coach for the Galloway Mustangs.
- Performed two of her hip hop pieces shown in London this summer.
- Currently a Psychology Major at the Richard Stockton College, a pre-school teacher and a very proud mother a beautiful baby boy.
Current dance classes at Cara Ashley School of Dance
- Jazz: This class consists of a warm-up, technique across the floor and jazz combinations – taught to today’s most popular music.
- Ballet: This class teaches all the fundamentals in technique and combinations. This class is highly recommended to all dancers, as ballet is the basis for all types of dance.
- Hip Hop: A high energy class that will include warm-up, cool moves, and energetic routines – full of fresh, street smart choreography.
- Pre-School or Kinder Combo: A combination of tap, ballet, or jazz for the pre-school or kindergarten-aged child.
- Acro Jazz: (ages 7 & up) Similar to gymnastics but combined with jazz. Warm-up exercises and gym equipment is used regularly.
- Modern: This class is for the intermediate/advanced dancer who has already studied jazz and ballet. Variations are taught to tell a story.
- Tap: This class is taught using the standard tap technique. Warm up, original variations, and choreographed routines are all part of this class.
- Creative Movement: (age 3) This class is for the 3 year-old dancer. It combines ballet, locomotive skills, tumbling, and props to help develop fine motor skills.
- Mommy & Me: This class is for the 2 year-old child and his/her mommy. This class will introduce a learning environment to the toddler as well as fine motor and locomotive skills by using dance, sing-a-longs, fun music and props. This class is run in two 8-week sessions and will not take part in the annual recital.
Special offer for Jersey Family Fun readers, mention Jersey Family Fun when contacting the Cara Ashley School of Dance and receive one FREE trial class for your child. Contact them at (609) 567-6566 to arrange your visit.
Look where you can expect to see the Cara Ashley School of Dance students perform
- Hammonton Halloween Parade
- Hammonton Christmas Parade
- Holiday Open House – The week before winter break all dancers perform for family and friends during their regular scheduled dance class. It is a time to celebrate the holidays and the dancers progress.
- Annual Dance Recital
The Cara Ashley School of Dance is located at 1170 South White Horse Pike in Hammonton, Atlantic County, New Jersey. You can reach them at (609) 567-6566 or at their Facebook Page.
Our Small Business Saturday features small businesses in New Jersey looking to connect with New Jersey families. Jersey Family Fun offers small businesses affordable advertising packages that can include feature articles on Jersey Family Fun. For more information please contact us at email@example.com.