This post was made possible by the IHOP who provided dinner for my family to enjoy. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families New Jersey restaurants we think your family may enjoy.
My family is a huge fan of having breakfast food for dinner, or “brinner” as we call it. We regularly make pancakes or waffles and other breakfast foods as a quick weeknight dinner. So when we heard that kids under 12 eat for free at IHOP every day from 4 PM-10 PM as part of their IHOP Kids Eat Free promotion (Until September 25, 2016), we knew we had to check it out.
My kids were jumping with joy when I told them where we were going. They immediately started going through the many kids menu options to try and decide which on they would choose. One thing that sets IHOP apart from other restaurants that serve breakfast is the variety of breakfast choices on the kid’s menu. In most restaurants there is 1 or 2 kids menu breakfast option. IHOP has 4 breakfast items on their kid’s menu and many different meal possibilities within those choices.
IHOP Kids Eat Free Options from the IHOP Kids Menu
- Create Your Own Rooty Jr: This was the option that both of my kids decided to get, but their plates looked very different because of all the options. My daughter decided on pancakes with strawberries on top, while my son went with the Belgian Waffle topped with bananas. The Rooty Jr. also comes with eggs, sausage, and bacon.
- Create a Face Pancake: This is another favorite for my children. It’s a giant pancake with various fruit toppings and yogurt that can be used to create your own face on the pancake. My kids love it because it’s fun to make. I love it because it includes healthy options like fruit and yogurt.
- Funny Face Pancake: This dish is similar to the create a face, except it’s a chocolate chip pancake with whipped cream topping.
- Silver 5: If your children are not into decorating their own food they can stick with the classic silver dollar pancakes.
- Lunch/Dinner Options: Maybe you’ve got a child who is not a fan of breakfast for dinner. IHOP has several traditional kid’s menu options like cheese pizza and macaroni and cheese.
IHOP Menu Options for Adults
Adults can find plenty of meal options on this varied menu. There are many different breakfast options, as well as a full menu of lunch/dinner options. Here are a few of my family’s favorites:
- Criss-Croissants are a new addition to the menu and they look delicious. It’s a waffle croissant filled with a variety of toppings to please every member of the family. My favorite is the strawberry and sweet cream cheese.
- My husband loves all of the omelette choices at IHOP. There are 10 different omelette combinations to choose from and they are all made fresh to order. My husband’s favorite is the Big Steak Omelette
- My favorite IHOP dish is the traditional buttermilk pancakes with bacon. IHOP is my favorite place to get pancakes, so that’s what I usually choose.
Whatever your family’s favorite IHOP dishes are, make sure to get their before September 25th. What better way to unwind after those busy days back at school then with a dinner out during IHOP Kids Eat Free days. Kids under 12 eat free with a paying adult from 4 PM-10 PM every day until September 25th.
Looking for an IHOP near you? Check out their website for a list of their locations.
Looking for more restaurant choices? Check out our other Family Friendly Restaurant Reviews.
Want to see more photos from our visit to IHOP? Check out our photo album on Facebook. You can see a preview here.