This week, our Weekends at the Jersey Shore series focuses on our overnight visit to the Golden Nugget of Atlantic City, our host while we covered the Duality premiere at Boardwalk Hall.
The Golden Nugget of Atlantic City is located at Huron & Brigantine Boulevard in the Brigantine Marina area. It is the former Trump Marina, only completely remodeled. A $150 million transformation that has left the hotel more radiant than I can ever remember. Plus there are more dining options and family fun than they had before. If you are looking to check out Atlantic City, without having to stay in the city, this is a great option. Leave your car there, take the Jitney and enjoy some of the best Atlantic City has to offer families.
Our check in went smoothly. The wait was minimal and the staff was extremely courteous. While checking in we had a chance to appreciate the remodel and all the new beauty it brought to the Golden Nugget. We made our way up to our room on the 19th floor. At every turn warm colors and modern designs greeted us.
Our room included:
- 2 full-sized beds
- A 42 inch Samsung flat screen television with cable
- Nintendo and On Demand movies available for an additional charge
- I-pod docking stations available
- A closet & dresser
- A large bathroom with a standard size tub and dual shower heads
- Wi-fi is available in your room for an additional charge
Click here for a virtual tour of our room on YouTube.
It was a whirlwind of a stay. We met with members of the Atlantic City Alliance and other bloggers who were covering Atlantic City’s July 4th events. Under the H20 umbrellas we talked about the evening and Atlantic City’s future. Then, before you knew it we were off to the city to enjoy the fireworks, concert, and Duality show. (Come watch our video that over 1700 others have since Wednesday night.)
The next morning we took a tour of the Golden Nugget, enjoyed breakfast at The Buffet (our review will be coming), and took some last minutes to relax by the pool. It was a great visit, I only wish we had more time to enjoy it.
What you should know if you stay at the Golden Nugget of Atlantic City.
- Since you are located between Brigantine & Atlantic City, you have some great options to consider for meals.
- Eat in one of the Golden Nugget hotel restaurants, like the Buffet (Our review will be available soon.)
- The hotel also has a Bean & Bread cafe that serves light food 24 hours a day.
- Consider a restaurant in Atlantic City or Brigantine.
- If you plan to watch the television in your room
- You can watch most standard tv channels and some movies at no extra charge.
- If you plan to swim at the Golden Nugget Atlantic City H20 pool.
- It’s a rectangular-shape pool that runs from 3 feet to 4 feet 11 inches.
- It’s open daily from 8 am till 8 pm, year-round.
- The pool is heated.
- Hot tubs are available.
- One pool is more shallow offering an area where young kids can frolic in the water as parents lounge in in-water seats.
- The best time to visit with children is during the morning hour to lunch hours. As the day progresses, the pool area gets busier with more adults. In the evening hours the pool takes on a club atmosphere with disk jockeys playing the latest tunes.
- You can order food and beverages.
- Cabanas, umbrellas, and special seating are available for an additional charge.
- If you are traveling with babies or toddlers
- Cribs, pack and plays, and rollaways are available by request. There may be an additional charge.
- If you are traveling with young children
- The bathroom door is a frosted glass sliding door that does not lock. So you may experience less bathroom privacy than you are accustomed to.
- Larger suites and connecting rooms are available.
- Parking at the Golden Nugget Parking – You may choose to self-park or valet park.
- Self-parking – $5 for a 24-hour period or per entry/exit out of the garage. No in-and-out privileges. (Meaning you pay every time the garage and the rate starts over once you reenter.) Special events may cause the parking rate to be higher.
- Valet Parking – Is available for a higher charge.
- Room Rates may vary so it’s best to check the Golden Nugget of Atlantic City site for rates and availability.
To view our pictures from the Golden Nugget of Atlantic City visit our Facebook Gallery.
To watch our videos from the Golden Nugget of Atlantic City visit our YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/jerseyfamilyfun.