Today is Dr. Seuss’ 108th birthday. Happy Birthday! What better way to kick off the day than to read Happy Birthday to You! It’s a tribute to that special day of the year that makes you, YOU.
Many schools and libraries around the nation will be celebrating Dr. Seuss’ special day today. But if you can’t find a birthday party near you, don’t worry. You and your family can create a Dr. Seuss birthday party of your very own. Here are some simple ideas to turn your day into a Happy Birthday kind of day!
FUNTASTICAL Ways to Say Happy Birthday to You, Dr. Seuss!
- Dress in red, white, and black. A read and white striped shirt would be great. Or make your own Seuss Hat.
- Get red and white streamers and balloons. Make a Happy Birthday banner. Decorate your living room.
- Bake a cake or cupcakes or even cookies. Decorate with red and white frosting.
- Find some noisemakers, pots and pans, whatever you have lying around. Sing Happy Birthday to Seuss as loud as you can!
- Read your favorite Seuss books
- Dress up like your favorite Seuss character
- Visit Seussville online
- Go outside and fly some kites (The Cat in the Hat)
- Make green eggs and ham
- Plant some seeds (The Lorax)
- Wear stars on your bellies – or don’t (The Sneetches and Other Stories)
- Eat your bread butter side down (The Butter Battle Book)
- See how many hats you can wear on your head at once (The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins)
- Visit a zoo (If I Ran the Zoo)
Whatever you choose to do on Dr. Seuss’ Day of all Days, make sure you celebrate in FUNTASTICAL ways!
This blog post was written by Melissa O. while she was a blogger for Jersey Family Fun.