This week’s Theatre Thursday series presents the Philadelphia Shakespeare Theatre Academy’s FREE performances of Cymbeline this summer.
Playing now through August 19, 2012
The Classical Acting Academy offers a FREE production of Cymbeline directed by David O’Connor.
Cymbeline plunges audiences into a world of political machinations, misogyny, thwarted love, jealous wagers, and princes lost at birth. Add an evil queen, a slick politician, and a headless corpse, and we are on a roller coaster journey. Shakespeare brought to this play all the wisdom and artistry he learned over the course of three breathless decades on the London stage. It is sweet, sad, hilarious, wise, always relevant and always contemporary.
About the Philadelphia Shakespeare Theatre
The Philadelphia Shakespeare Theatre created The Classical Acting Academy to serve young professional actors of the Philadelphia community who want an immersion experience in classical acting techniques and performance.
The 2012 Classical Acting Academy presents a group of fresh talent including: Isaiah Ellis as Cloten, Zatina Gardner as Queen / Belarius, Pat Lamborn as Cadwal, Marisa Lerman as Imogen, Noah Levine as Pisanio / Caius Lucius, Kevin Rodden as Iachimo, Brooks Russell as Posthumus Leonatus, Sam Sherburne as Cymbeline, Hannah Van Scivers as Polydore.
Cymbeline Performance Schedule
- Wednesdays through Saturdays 7 pm
- Sunday 2 pm
- No showings on Monday and Tuesday
- The show closes on Sunday, August 19, 2012.
Getting tickets to Cymbeline
- Tickets are FREE (maximum of 4 per person per day) and are only available at the Box Office location (2111 Sansom St.) for the day of the performance at the following times:
- Wed-Fri 12-1pm
- Wed-Sat 4-7pm
- Sun 11am-2pm.
- Only Bard Card Members may make reservations for advance performances.
- Tickets not available via phone or Internet. Subject to availability.