Fasola Park & Splash Pad – Gloucester County Parks & Playgrounds
2017 Update… Fasola Park in Deptford just got better!
At the request of Jersey Family Fun fan Kelly, Jennifer made a return visit to the Fasola Park for Jersey Family Fun on Monday, August 14, 2017. What she found when she got to this Deptford park was that it was even better than before. Yes, it’s possible. Fasola Park now offers an incredible climbing structure and a fitness area. Take a look at Jenn’s video below and our updated photo album here on Facebook.
Gloucester County’s New Splash Pad is Open!
On Friday, June 12, 2015, Fasola Park opened its greatly anticipated, splash pad. When we heard the announcement my family and I had to go and check it out. Temperatures are now sky rocketing to the 90’s as the first official day of summer is right around the corner. The children wanted to play and are checking off the number of days until school is over. We are just trying to make it through the last week of school until summer vacation. The classrooms are so hot and sticky. So after a long day of school work we decided to hit the new splash pad.
The splash pad is located with Fasola Park next to the playground. The playground is newly renovated as well with two new playgrounds; a toddler area for children ages 2 to 5, and a larger area for older children ages 5 to 12 years old.
3 Reasons my Family Loves Fasola Park & Splash Pad
- Safe: The splash pad was small and compact. Children could play on either the splash pad or the playground both within eyes’ view. The ground is not very slippery but it seemed best to wear water shoes while at the splash pad. lean: Since it’s a new splash pad it’s a given that it’s very clean. There is also a drain in the center for the water so the water is always being circulated. The new part of the park has all new equipment for the children to play on.
- The button: there is a green button in the center of the splash pad. The splash pad is on a timer and every so often it will go off. As long as someone presses the center green button the splashing and water fun will continue. The children felt very important pressing the button in the center.
- The magnitude of this playground is just terrific. There is something for every child! Even on busy days there is ample equipment and areas to play. No child could ever get bored or feel like there’s no room to play. Everywhere you look there seems to be something else a child can play on.
Take a video tour of Fasola Park
What Fasola Park & Splash Pad offers
- Splash Pad
- Playground equipment for ages 2-5
- Playground equipment for ages 5-12
- Handicap swing
- Fitness Area/park, added between 2015 and 2017, near to playground
- Amazing climbing spider web structure
- Picnic tables
- Water fountains
- Monkey bars
- Sphere spin seats
- Spinning wheel
- Baseball field
- large fields
- Soccer field
- Football field
- Wiffle ball field
- Trees and shaded areas
- Covered Pavillion
- Climbing wall
The Fasola Park & Splash Pad is located at 12 Sycamore Lane in Deptford in Gloucester County. Hours of Operation are from 8 am to 8 pm Sunday-Saturday, Splash pad operational during summer months.
Want to find more fun places to play in New Jersey? Visit our New Jersey Parks & Playground listing.