This post was sponsored by Boardwalk Hall and the Cirque du Soleil. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families information about things to do with families in Atlantic City and New Jersey events we think your family may enjoy.
Cirque du Soleil is coming back to Boardwalk Hall for the OVO Tour! And Jersey Family Fun is giving away tickets!
Thrilling more than 4.5 million people worldwide since the show premiered in Montreal in 2009, OVO will embark on a new journey, performing the same captivating production, but now in Atlantic City at Boardwalk Hall from June 22 – 26. The show is presented by Visa Signature®.
About the Cirque du Soleil OVO
OVO, meaning “egg” in Portuguese, is a headlong rush into a colorful ecosystem teeming with life, where insects work, eat, crawl, flutter, play, fight and look for love in a non-stop riot of energy and movement.
When a mysterious egg appears in their midst, the insects are awestruck and intensely curious about this iconic object that represents the enigma and cycles of their lives. It is love at first sight when a gawky, quirky insect arrives in this bustling community and a fabulous ladybug catches his eye – and the feeling is mutual.
The cast of OVO is comprised of 50 performing artists from 12 countries specializing in many acrobatic acts. One highlight of OVO is the stunning Flying Act in which a group of scarabs soar high above the stage, from both edges to the middle landing on a platform.
The Creative Team behind the world of OVO is: Artistic Guides Guy Laliberté and Gilles Ste-Croix; Writer, Director and Choreographer Deborah Colker (first female director at Cirque du Soleil); Director of Creation Chantal Tremblay; Set and props Designer Gringo Cardia; Costume Designer Liz Vandal; Composer and Musical Director Berna Ceppas; Lighting Designer Éric Champoux; Sound Designer Jonathan Deans and for the first time at Cirque du Soleil: Rigging and Acrobatic Equipment Designer Fred Gérard; Acrobatic Performance Designer Philippe Aubertin; and Makeup Designer Julie Bégin.
Have you ever seen a Cirque du Soleil event live before?
I still remember going behind the scenes at a Varekai by Cirque du Soleil press event in Atlantic City about 2 years ago. It was so neat to be backstage and see everything that goes into a show. Just take a look at our video below.
When my sons and I later went to see a live performance of Varekai by Cirque du Soleil they were blown away. As I watched Cirque du Soleil with my sons we heard oohs, ahhs, and wows all around us. Many of them from my own boys. My then 6 year old was so excited and appreciative that we took him that while his eyes were glued to the stage, his arms were wrapped around me in a hug. There were several awesome mom moments and I have been anxiously awaiting Cirque du Soleil’s return to Atlantic City so my family and I could enjoy more of their performances.
Still need more convincing to take your kids?
Here’s our top 5 reasons to take the kids to Cirque du Soleil
- Beautifully-elaborate costumes
- From the ceiling to the floor, there is action happening everywhere you look. Performers come down from the ceiling and come up from the floor. Make sure you don’t just focus on center stage. Look around show your kids whose clinging to this or that or climbing the rafters.
- Performers who are talented, flexible, and incredibly strong
- Music that represents cultures from around the world with incredible voices singing along.
- Trapeze-type and acrobatic performances that amaze. How do the performers hang from a ring by one foot? How are they able to hold themselves and a partner in the air just with a rope?
Cirque du Soleil OVO Ticket Prices
- Tickets start at $35.
- Tickets may be purchased online at www.cirquedusoleil.com/ovo or www.boardwalkhall.com or by phone at 800-745-3000 or at the Boardwalk Hall Box Office at (609) 348-7000.
Cirque du Soleil OVO Venue InformationBoardwalk Hall 2301 Boardwalk Atlantic City NJ 08401 (609) 348-7000
One lucky family will win a family 4 pack of tickets to Cirque du Soleil OVO at Boardwalk Hall on June 22, 2016 at 7:30 pm.
Jersey Family Fun’s Cirque du Soleil OVO Tickets Giveaway Details ($340 value)
Jersey Family Fun Giveaways and Contests are subject to the following rules and conditions:
- Unless otherwise stated, entrants can earn a free entry by checking the first free entry box.
- You may earn an additional entry by leaving one comment on the Jersey Family Fun giveaway/contest blog post, that answers the question being asked during the timeframe of the contest. Comments that do not answer the question, while appreciated, will not be valid or count as meeting the requirement. Comments left after the giveaway/contest has closed will not be valid toward the contest.
- Contact information is a requirement for entry: name and a valid email address is required. Other non-personal information may be required/requested for entry. This information will not be shared with the giveaway sponsor unless it is stated in the contest/giveaway blog post itself.
- Our giveaways/contests are by no means sponsored by Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube or any other social media platform. You may use them to earn additional entries, but you are not required to use them to enter. None of these social media channels are responsible if you don’t win.
- No purchase is ever necessary to win a Jersey Family Fun prize in an online contest.
- Chances of winning are dependent entirely on the number of eligible entries received.
- Cirque du Soleil OVO is at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey. The Boardwalk Hall is located at the Boardwalk & Mississippi Avenue in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- We will pick 1 winner. The winner will receive 4 tickets to attend the Wednesday, June, 2016 at 7:30 pm. The tickets are ONLY good for this event. Please do not enter if you can not attend that day.
- The winner is responsible for his/her own travel costs which can include parking and meals during an event. Keep in mind, parking rates maybe higher for this event.
- This giveaway will end Friday, June 17, 2016 at midnight. The winner will be announced shortly after that. Make sure you have left us your email address. You will have 24 hours to claim your ticket by emailing us back your name to Melanie. All prizes not claimed will either remain with the company sponsor or Jersey Family Fun to be used at a later date.
- Once all entries have been validated, we will use Rafflecopter to select a winner. View our how to use Rafflecopter video here.
- Winners agree to provide contact and shipping information to Jersey Family Fun and/or the giveaway sponsor, including full name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Unless otherwise stated, giveaways and contests are only available to residents in the United States. Unless stated otherwise ticket and giftcard prizes are only valid in New Jersey and for specific dates/performances. Void where prohibited by law.
After you’ve entered here be sure to check out our other current giveaways.