Are you a kid that loves to write? Do you love to talk and make videos? Do you love to talk?
We have the opportunity for you to be a contributor to New Jersey’s BEST blog for families looking for things to do and places to go!
All summer long, your kids have probably been busy having adventures. They’ve hung out with friends at parks. They’ve read a new great book. They’ve had a new adventure with their family. We want to know about it. We’re looking for kids, tween, and teen contributors to share WHAT they love to do to have fun and WHY it’s so much fun. Tell us about your favorite playground. Which book would you recommend? What’s an awesome movie for kids to watch? Where should kids hang out this summer or this upcoming fall? Where do you love to go out to eat with your parents?
We’ll publish posts as space allows every Sunday in our Sundays are for Sharing series.
What can our Junior Bloggers write or make videos about?
Think about what you like to do, read, watch that others can also enjoy! Think about where you like to go. As long as it’s good for kids, we’ll consider it. Just nothing with adult language, okay… since kids and their parents will be reading it.
Every junior blogger submission should have 2-3 paragraphs and 2-3 pictures. If submitting a video, it shouldn’t be longer than 2-3 minutes, unless it’s a video tour of a location.
When writing or making videos, remember the 5 W’s and H.
Your story or video should include these details:
- Who? ~ Who went? Who was involved? Who would want to know what you know?
- What? ~ What do you want us to know? What are the main ideas and details? If you’re sharing details about a story be sure not to share any spoilers.
- When? ~ When did you do this or when can others do it?
- Where?~ Tell us where it is. If it’s a park or place to go, make sure you share the address so others can find it.
- Why? ~ Tell us what made this place, story, book, so fabulous you wanted to tell others about it.
- How? ~ What should others know about that place, story, etc? Is it only open at certain times? What does it cost to get it? Is there something kids should watch out for?
Other things to keep in mind when you write or make videos to submit.
- Don’t put your friend’s names in your articles unless you have their parent’s permission. You can always just say “my friend.”
- Don’t put your friends in your pictures or videos unless you have their parent’s permission. We don’t want anyone to get in trouble.
- Do always check your spelling and grammar before sending us your stories.
- Do check if there’s a website that goes with your story. If there is make sure you send that to us.
- Do check your facts, but you can also include your opinions.
- Be nice! We love to share good information that is professional and courteous.
- Do make sure you have your parent’s permission before emailing us.
Ready to send us your story or video?
Parents can email video and story submissions to [email protected]. Please make sure to put “Junior Blogger Contribution” in the subject line. If sending a story please put the body of the story in the body of the email message. Pictures and videos can be sent as attachments through Google Drive. Please include your child’s name and mailing address so we can reward our junior bloggers with prizes and thank you cards through the mail. We will not publish any child’s full name for safety and security reasons. Junior bloggers will have a byline with first name and last initial.
What happens after the summer is over?
Our summer junior bloggers will not be paid, but they may receive thank you gifts. If this program is popular we will continue it year-round. As we’re always looking to expand on sharing great things for kids to do in New Jersey, we’re always in need of new voices. Some of our best junior bloggers may have the opportunity to go out on special assignments towards the end of the summer and school year.
What do you think? Are you in? Do you want to be a Jersey Family Fun Junior Blogger?
If so, you know what to do. We can’t wait to hear your voices in videos and see your stories on the Jersey Family Fun pages.