We were hosted by California Pizza Kitchen Cherry Hill who provided a meal for my family to enjoy. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families what Camden County restaurants we think their family may enjoy.
Our family restaurant reviews returns with a new visit to the California Pizza Kitchen Cherry Hill to test out some Next Chapter menu options as well as seasonal strawberry specialties.
When we had our first California Pizza Kitchen experience a few years back, it was a blast! My kids had such a memorable time making their own pizzas, they’ve been pestering me to go back. And I of course love any chance I can get to have gluten-free pizzas.
It was in 2013, my boys enjoyed their first California Pizza Kitchen appetizer. They played. They created. They ate some of their creations. Trust us, if there were more California Pizza Kitchens in our area of New Jersey, it would be one of our regular go to spots for dinner out.
When California Pizza Kitchen invited us back to try out some new Next Chapter menu options, there was no saying no. My husband and I were eager to see what’s new, while my kids wanted to make their own pizzas again.
Now 2016, that little guy who was 4 is now 7, but he still loves making his own pizza.
The California’s Pizza Kitchen’s Next Chapter menu takes the culinary talents of their chefs tosses it with some new flavorings and adds in seasonal ingredients to include temptingdishes like below.
California’s Pizza Kitchen’s Next Chapter menu options
- Fire-Grilled Ribeye cooked with house-made pinot noir sea salt, topped with creamy bleu cheese butter and served with roasted fingerling potatoes and lemon-garlic wild arugula salad. This was one of the entrees my husband tried and loved.
- Hearth-Roasted Halibut, wild caught from Alaska and roasted on a cedar plank with butternut squash farro, grilled asparagus and baby kale
- Roasted Garlic Chicken with Seasonal Vegetables, a crispy-skin chicken breast in lemon-garlic sauce, with a medley of the season’s freshest vegetables
What else we ordered at the California Pizza Kitchen
Of course we had to start with some appetizers. We went with something classic my boys and I always love Spinach Artichoke Dip and I tried something new and gluten free the Petite Wedge. They were just what we needed to calm down those hungry feelings from being out all day.
For our entrees, my husband (yes he was hungry) had the Cedar Plank Salmon. I had to have the original BBQ Chicken Gluten-Free pizza, yum yum (and so filling I brought home leftovers). My older boy moved off the children’s menu by having a Classic Caear salad with shaved Parmesan and housemade garlic butter croutons, while my youngest two made their own pizzas.
While we waited for our food, we were invited to go behind the scenes to see how food is made and prepared at the California Pizza Kitchen. Once again, we saw how they use fresh ingredients and the care that’s taken to prepare everyone’s meals. This time, though, we were in for a special treat. We saw how California Pizza Kitchen makes thin crust pizza. We were even allowed to record it. Check out or video.
California Pizza Kitchen making thin crust pizza video
Of course, a meal wouldn’t be complete without dessert. We might have been pretty stuffed. But you know boys an hour in the car and they’ll be hungry again and asking why we didn’t have dessert. And with desserts like these at California Pizza Kitchen, how can you really say no?
Here’s some of California Pizza Kitchen‘s new strawberry menu options available for a limited time.
- California Fields Salad: crisp field greens topped with fresh watermelon and sliced strawberries, basil, feta, California pistachios and housemade champagne vinaigrette. Delicious on its own or with added grilled salmon, shrimp or chicken
- Strawberry Shortcake: featuring a shortcake biscuit piled high with seasonal strawberries, whipped cream and lemon zest with Haagen-Dazs vanilla ice cream, as pictured above. My husband truly enjoyed this and I was so jealous I couldn’t try it.
- Fresh Strawberry Mango Cooler (Non-Alcoholic): fresh strawberries hand-shaken with Fresca and Monin South Seas, featuring natural flavors of mango, guava and ginger. Light in calories too!
Like our previous California Pizza Kitchen visits we had a great time and can’t wait to go back.
Have you eaten at the California Pizza Kitchen Cherry Hill?
What new menu items would you want to try? Visit the California Pizza Kitchen site to learn more about their locations and menu.
Visit our Facebook Gallery to see more California Pizza Kitchen Cherry Hill Restaurant pictures. Here’s a preview.
Want to find more local family restaurants? Read our Family Restaurant Review series or visit our local Restaurant Directory.
To arrange a review of your restaurant contact [email protected]