Have you noticed that Back to School school supplies sales have started? The sales where everything is priced so slow, like mechanical pencils for 25 cents or glue bottles for a penny. Are you stocking up on items, you don’t even need, just because the prices are so amazing?
Me too. ;-) But here’s an idea to make you happy, benefit some other kids, and teach your children about making a difference, Donate them. Just as many children are in need and are struggling for lunch this summer, so too will they struggle getting ready for the school year. For this week’s Make a Difference Monday, we’d like to encourage you to donate your extra school supplies or add a few to your cart for kids in need.
Here’s where you can donate school supplies
- Some stores will have collection boxes. (We are researching which ones right now and will let you know more when we have specifics.)
- Twin Oaks Community Services, 770 Woodlane Road, Suite 23, Mt. Holly
- Moorestown Mall, Customer Service Center, 400 Rt. 38, Moorestown
- The Garden State Discovery Museum, 2040 Springdale Road, Cherry Hill
- Starbucks – 5 locations
- 41 East Main Street, Moorestown
- 4 Centerton Road, Mt. Laurel
- 1340 Fairview Boulevard, Delran
- 512 Haddonfield Road, Cherry Hill
- 480 Evesham Road, Cherry Hill
- The Promenade at Sagemore (until August 18)
- Courier Post (until August 18)
- Susquehanna Bank (until August 18)
- Cherry Hill Mall (until August 18)
- Boscovs (until August 18) (Check with your local location to see if they are participating)
- Old Navy (until August 18) (Check with your local location to see if they are participating)
- Adventure Aquarium (until August 18)
- Camden Riversharks – Campbells Field (until August 18)
- Rowan University – Camden Campus (until August 18)
- Center For Family Services – Voorhees Office – 108 Somerdale Road, Voorhees, NJ
- Center For Family Services – Williamstown Office – 601 S. Black Horse Pike, Williamstown, NJ
- Center For Family Services – Camden Office – 584 Benson Street, Camden, NJ 08103
- Some food banks have a teacher’s closet like the Community Foodbank of Southern New Jersey.
- United Way can either take donations or point you to who does in your community.
- Any school, most schools maintain summer office hours.