In full disclosure, this post about the Andi Mack season two premiere is sponsored in part by Disney who is providing the prize of an Andi Mack Friendship Bracelet Kit.
“I’m ready for tomorrow, tomorrow starts today.”
If you now have that song in your head, you must also be in a household with Andi Mack fans. Since the show debuted in April, my two children have been addicted and I’ve been impressed by it as well. Before it premiered Jersey Family Fun’s Jenn learned about Andi Mack during a Disney press trip, and shared her experience here:
I expected my 12 year old daughter to enjoy Andi Mack and she absolutely has. It is her must see TV for sure. Andi is creative, sometimes awkward, honest, and in other words, a typical 13 year old. We have even had a serious request for a replica of the Andi Shack to be built in our backyard! The show has always tackled heavy issues for a teen show – the woman Andi knew as her sister is really her mom, she meets her father for the first time, and she moves out of the home she grew up in with her grandparents. Whew! It hasn’t turned my kids off though as they stay glued to the television when Andi comes on. I like that there’s a great diversity among the cast, and the show consistently promotes inclusion and respect. Being a tween/teen isn’t easy and Andi Mack doesn’t pretend that it is.
Andi Mack Season Two
With the Andi Mack season two premiere, there’s a new issue that the show explores, one new to Disney Channel as well. In the words of Disney Channel,
In the Andi Mack season two premiere, Andi is hoping for — and coaxing — her parents Bex and Bowie to get married, all while she awkwardly sorts out her feelings for classmate Jonah Beck. A second storyline depicts one of Andi’s two best friends, 13 year-old Cyrus, as he’s beginning to realize that he too has feelings for Jonah Beck. This realization begins an important part of his journey to self-discovery as a gay individual and ultimately, his self-acceptance. In the episode, Cyrus confides in Buffy. The scene, and what Buffy says to Cyrus, makes for positive role models for kids and adult viewers. In subsequent episodes, Cyrus begins to understand himself, and can count on supportive friends Buffy and Andi who, as teenagers, are also on a journey to self-discovery. He also grapples with how to tell his new girlfriend Iris about his new understanding of himself.
As mom to a 12 year old and a 7 year old who watches the show with his sister, I’m both happy to see this storyline, but cautious in anticipating their questions. It may end up being too heavy or touchy for some families. I believe that exposure to all kinds of situations and people can only better us, and hope that this episode can spark conversations and feelings of acceptance. I’m interested to hear what my daughter has to say about it as well. I’ll definitely be watching with my kids.
Here’s another look at Andi Mack season two with this video from Peyton Elizabeth Lee inviting you to watch the show and giving you a sneak peek at Season Two.
The Andi Mack season two premieres in a one hour episode Friday October 27 at 8 PM on Disney Channel.
To learn more about this Disney Channel series Andi Mack, visit disneychannel.disney.com/andi-mack.
Remember when Andi made a bracelet for Jonah?
Now make your own! One lucky reader will win an Andi Mack Friendship Bracelet Kit.
Jersey Family Fun’s Andi Mack Friendship Bracelet Kit Giveaway Details
Jersey Family Fun Giveaways and Contests are subject to the following rules and conditions:
- Unless otherwise stated, entrants can earn a free entry by checking the first free entry box.
- You may earn an additional entry by leaving one comment on the Jersey Family Fun giveaway/contest blog post, that answers the question being asked during the timeframe of the contest. Comments that do not answer the question, while appreciated, will not be valid or count as meeting the requirement. Comments left after the giveaway/contest has closed will not be valid toward the contest.
- Contact information is a requirement for entry: name and a valid email address is required. Other non-personal information may be required/requested for entry. This information will not be shared with the giveaway sponsor unless it is stated in the contest/giveaway blog post itself.
- Our giveaways/contests are by no means sponsored by Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube or any other social media platform. You may use them to earn additional entries, but you are not required to use them to enter. None of these social media channels are responsible if you don’t win.
- No purchase is ever necessary to win a Jersey Family Fun prize in an online contest.
- Chances of winning are dependent entirely on the number of eligible entries received.
- We will pick 1 winner. The winner will receive 1 Andi Mack Friendship Bracelet Kit.
- This giveaway will end Thursday, November 9, 2017, at midnight. The winner will be announced shortly after that. Make sure you have left us your email address. You will have 24 hours to claim your tickets by emailing us back your name to Melanie. All prizes not claimed will either remain with the company sponsor or Jersey Family Fun to be used at a later date.
- Once all entries have been validated, we will use Rafflecopter to select a winner. View our how to use Rafflecopter video here.
- Winners agree to provide contact and shipping information to Jersey Family Fun and/or the giveaway sponsor, including full name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Unless otherwise stated, giveaways and contests are only available to residents in the United States. Unless stated otherwise ticket and giftcard prizes are only valid in New Jersey and for specific dates/performances. Void where prohibited by law.
After you’ve entered here be sure to check out our other current giveaways.