This post was sponsored by Adventure Aquarium and is a guest post from Linda Arceo.
Linda is a New Jersey blogger who blogs about food, drinks, and life at Giggles Gobbles and Gulps.
We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families information
about things to do with families in New Jersey we think your family may enjoy.
Now through April 27, 2014 the Adventure Aquarium in Camden, NJ is celebrating nature’s messengers with a limited-time exhibit exploring the important role frogs play in our environment. Frog’s: Natures Messenger provides Adventure Aquarium guests the chance to come face-to-face with frogs of all types, sizes and colors.
The Frog’s: Natures Messenger exhibit features more than 20 species of frogs, salamanders, toads and sirens. According to the Adventure Aquarium “more than 6,000 species live on every continent except Antarctica, and at least 30 percent of frogs are currently threatened with extinction.” They may be small but frogs serve as nature’s messengers serving as bio-indicators for our eco-system. Since frogs eat and breathe through their skin they are sensitive to pollution and other environmental hazards. Frogs and their development can tell us if a certain area is unhealthy.
Those visiting the exhibit can learn what they can do to help this vulnerable species and also have the incredible opportunity to observe and learn from these fascinating, exotic creatures – all in a fun, interactive environment. Some of our favorite parts of the Frog’s: Natures Messenger exhibit included the hourglass tree frog and its ability to change color, the polka dot tree frog, the red-eyed tree frog and the poison dart frogs.
Thanks to a partnership with the Camden City School District guests experiencing the exhibit will also get a chance to see some larger-than-life painted ceramic frogs. Each elementary school in Camden was invited to paint a frog as part of their art curriculum. The frogs were unveiled as part of the exhibit and will remain on display for the duration of the exhibit. Guests will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite painted frog. The classroom with the most votes at the end of the contest will celebrate with a pizza party.
The Adventure Aquarium, located just minutes away from Philadelphia, features more than 8,500 aquatic species throughout two million gallons of water. Adventure Aquarium is the only aquarium in the world to exhibit hippos and is also home to the largest collection of sharks on the east coast. The aquarium is open 365 days a year from 10:00 am to 5:00pm. To purchase tickets online to the Frogs: Natures Messenger exhibit or to learn more about the aquarium, visit www.adventureaquarium.com.
To celebrate all things frog, Jersey Family Fun is giving away a 4-pack family gift pack with tickets to the Adventure Aquarium.
Jersey Family Fun’s Adventure Aquarium Family Four-Pack of Tickets Giveaway
Jersey Family Fun Giveaways and Contests are subject to the following rules and conditions:
- Unless otherwise stated, entrants are always required to leave one comment on the Jersey Family Fun giveaway/contest blog post, that answers the question being asked during the timeframe of the contest. Comments that do not answer the question, while appreciated, will not be valid or count as meeting the requirement. Comments left after the giveaway/contest has closed will not be valid toward the contest.
- Contact information is a requirement for entry: name and a valid email address is required. Other non-personal information may be required/requested for entry. This information will not be shared with the giveaway sponsor unless it is stated in the contest/giveaway blog post itself.
- Our giveaways/contests are by no means sponsored by Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube or any other social media platform. You may use them to earn additional entries, but you are not required to use them to enter. None of these social media channels are responsible if you don’t win.
- No purchase is ever necessary to win a Jersey Family Fun prize in an online contest.
- Chances of winning are dependent entirely on the number of eligible entries received.
- The Adventure Aquarium is in Camden, New Jersey.
- We will pick 1 winner. The winner will receive 4 tickets to visit the Adventure Aquarium.
- The winner is responsible for his/her own travel costs which can include parking and meals during an event. Keep in mind, parking rates maybe higher for this event.
- This giveaway will end Tuesday, April 1 at midnight. The winner will be announced shortly after that. Make sure you have left us your email address. You will have until Friday, April 4 at 8 pm to claim your ticket by emailing us back your name at Jenniferauer AT jerseyfamilyfun DOT com. All prizes not claimed will either remain with the company sponsor or Jersey Family Fun to be used at a later date.
- Once all entries have been validated, we will use Rafflecopter to select a winner. View our how to use Rafflecopter video here.
- Winners agree to provide contact and shipping information to Jersey Family Fun and/or the giveaway sponsor, including full name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Unless otherwise stated, giveaways and contests are only available to residents in the United States. Unless stated otherwise ticket and giftcard prizes are only valid in New Jersey and for specific dates/performances. Void where prohibited by law.
After you’ve entered here be sure to check out our other current giveaways.