This post was sponsored by iPlay America who provided us with tickets to attend this event. We appreciate their support of Jersey Family Fun that allows us to share with families events we think your family may enjoy.
My kids are obsessed with Kidz Bop! We listen to Kidz Bop radio in the car on our hour-long commute to school each day. We play Kidz Bop songs at home while the kids are playing. We have dance parties in our living room to Kidz Bop CDs. They cannot get enough of it! So when I heard that Kidz Bop was coming to our area on tour I knew I had to take my kids. iPlay America was the perfect place for us to go see their show. It was our first time attending in iPlay America performance. Afterwards, I thought of a few tips that would be helpful for when we attend future concerts at iPlay America.
5 Tips for Attending an iPlay America performance
These are our tips for family with younger children attending events. Teens and older could experience different situations and have varying needs and should plan accordingly.
Make sure you get there early.
- The doors for a show typically open an hour before the event starts and I recommend that you are already in line when they open. I did not expect such a large crowd and the line did get pretty long. It moves fast once the doors are open, but you want to make sure you have enough time to get inside and settled before the show begins.
Bring an extra adult with you.
- I did not have an extra adult with me at the concert, and I realized how much it would have come in handy. An extra adult can take kids to the bathroom while you wait on line for or snack breaks without losing your viewing spot. (At this type of iPlay America concert they did not have chairs set up so there was no reserved seating.)
Leave time to play after iPlay America performance.
- No trip to the event center at iPlay America is complete without stopping at the indoor amusement park on the other side. iPlay is not only a great place to watch a concert, it’s also home to a large collection of rides and games set up as an indoor boardwalk. Many of the ticket options actually include ride/game cards, so it’s easy to enjoy both sides of iPlay.
Be prepared before the show starts.
- Make sure to bring plenty of water. Your kids are going to need it, after all the dancing and singing! We also bought snacks from the concession stand and light up microphones before the show started. We didn’t want to have to leave our spot once Kidz Bop took the stage.
Grab something to eat before or after the iPlay America performance at one of their restaurants
- One of the great things about seeing a performance at iPlay America is that you can make an entire day out of it. Between the show and the rides and games you are going to work up an appetite! iPlay has a variety of food options for your family. For a full service restaurant, you can visit the Gametime Bar and Grill. If you are looking for something quicker you can visit Sonny’s Boardwalk Grill or Rob’s Pizza. There are also a bunch of snack options throughout iPlay if you don’t want a full meal. iPlay America also has gluten free options available, just ask the front desk or a restaurant and they can point you in the right direction.
iPlay America is a great option for concerts because it is much smaller than most venues, so you know you are going to have a great experience. I hope these tips help you make the most of your visit to iPlay America’s Events Center.
To learn more about iPlay America, Freehold’s indoor amusement park, click over to our iPlay America series.
Searching for fun things to do with YOUR family? Check out our Calendar of Events for some great ideas!
In full disclosure this post is being sponsored by iPlay America. As always our opinions are our own and honest based on our experience.