What has your Elf been up to?
Sprinkles has arrived in our house and he has been having quite a bit of fun. We have woken up to our Christmas tree covered in toilet paper, a visit to our village to watch the parade down main street and trying to take a nibble out of a gingerbread house. The kids eyes are as wide as saucers each morning when they search him out to see what adventures he went on and what mischief he has caused while they were sleeping.
HELP! I need some creative ideas.
You have come to the right place. Did you know that you can go to elfontheshelf.com and register your elf? Once your elf is registered you can create a scrapbook and share the adventures of your elf with friends and family. You scrapbook will be private and only those that you invite can see this. Once registered you can also print out a personalized letter from Santa and your very own adoption certificate.
The Jersey Family Fun team has scoured the internet and put their thinking caps on to help you in presenting the magic.
30 Elf on the Shelf Ideas
- A Christmas tree makeover, one roll of toilet paper can go quite a long way
- Elves get lonely too, have your elf go on a playdate with your daughter’s barbie or your son’s transformer collection. I bet they will have a great night.
- Camping out, place some mini marshmallows around the elf and have him roasting one over a non-lit candle. You could even make him a felt sleeping bag or tent.
- Caution Tape Elf, put a crepe paper barricade up on the bathroom door that the kids have to break through
- Cookies aren’t just for Santa, elves like a cold glass of milk and cookies just as much.
- Paper Chain Fun, place the scissors, glue, and a small paper chain next to your elf.
- Test Drive, place elf on a remote control car and take him out for a spin.
- Stinky Sleigh Ride, have elf sit inside a shoe holding laces as if he were going on a sleigh ride down sock mountain.
- Inspiring elf, place a new book or a notepad next to the Elf for child to read or write a list of what they are thankful for.
- Time to raid the cabinets, hang your elf from a cabinet or place inside the cabinet.
- Late night tv time, place elf on a chair with remote control, some popcorn and Disney Channel on.
- Keep the magic alive, write a letter from your elf telling your kids about their behavior whether good or bad.
- Elves forget to flush sometimes, place elf on the toilet and put a few drops of green food coloring in the water.
- Plant magic seeds in a pot , leave a note to water for three days. On the third day secretly place lollipops in the pot.
- Crime Fighting Elf, Make a small cape and mask out of construction paper and dress up your elf as a superhero.
- One Elf Band, put the elf on the kitchen floor with pots and pans and wooden spoons add some instruments if you have them.
- Scavenger hunt for snowflakes, make some paper snowflakes and hide them around the house, when you get to the final flake it will be taped to a new snowglobe.
- Brrrr it’s cold in here, hide the elf in the freezer and draw faces with sharpie on different foods, leave the sharpie next to your elf.
- Cooking with the elf, Have your elf make magic reindeer food and leave the bowl on the counter you can also make a “snow” angel in the sugar next to the bowl.
- Elves are gamers, set the elf up in front of your computer and have him playing an online game.
- Social Media Elf, Create a facebook page for your elf don’t forget to invite other elves.
- I’ve been framed, print out a picture of your elf and hang it up with other family photos.
- Oh Christmas Tree, place your kiddos socks and underwear as ornaments on the tree.
- Take a snowball bath in the bathroom sink with cotton balls and your childs favorite tub toy.
- Lights, Camera, Action have your elf make a video on ElfYourself.com the kids will get a kick out of it.
- Hugs & Kisses, hang a mistletoe in the doorway and scatter Hershey Hugs & Kisses on the ground.
- If your child is acting up have your elf bring back a letter from Santa warning that if their behavior doesn’t change they will be put on the naughty list.
- Reading Rainbow, set up a stack of child’s favorite books and have your elf reading them.
- Nerf Gun Battle, get out kids nerf guns place some darts around elf and across the room have another toy with darts around him shooting back toward your elf.
- Walking down candy cane lane, have your elf hold a bunch of candy canes and decorate around your house with a few boxes of candy canes as well.
We would love to hear any other ideas you may have and see pictures of your elf adventures..
Click over to our collection of Elf on the Shelf ideas for more Elf on the Shelf inspiration.
- The Elf on the Shelf: A Christmas Tradition with Blue Eyed North Pole Pixie-Elf
- The Elf on the Shelf – Girl Elf Edition with North Pole Blue Eyed Girl Elf and Girl-character themed Storybook
- The Elf on the Shelf: A Christmas Tradition with Brown Eyed North Pole Elf,brown skin, black hair
- The Elf on the Shelf: A Christmas Tradition with Blue Eyed North Pole Pixie-elf with Bonus “An Elf Story” DVD
- Pop In Kins Elf Pop-In-Kins Christopher Bookset
- Baby Elf on the Shelf in Bag
What kind of elfcapades, does your elf get into?
Share your photos with us on our Facebook page and leave us a comment. We would love to hear from you.